Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi Littlepen, I hope these of use to you.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=125070&hilit=laser+eye+surgery
http://www.goalasik.com/home.html
http://www.therightsurgeongoa.com/index.htm

When we were in Goa in Dec 2007 our First Choice rep had had her eyes lasered the day before in the north. She said it was a lot cheaper than the UK.

I must say that when we saw her, her eyes were red and running like a spaniels, however, when we saw her again a few days later she was much better and was very happy with the results.

Sheila.
we went up to the clinic in mapsu last year to enquire about lasik surgery and was quoted about £650 for both eyes . the set up there looked very efficent and clean . Unfortunaly we only had 3 days left so didnt bother. I have since had it done here at optical express 6 weeks ago, and its the best thing i have ever done eyes are spot on now cost over here was £1200 , so a big saving can be made having it done in goa bad point you cant swim for several weeks
:cheers NEIL :sun2
I have a problem needing reading glasses.Drives me mad.Unfortunately I ma almost blind in one eye(untreatable)so am very reluctant to have this treatment in Goa.

Just emailed Optical Express after reading kags52s post.Power of the internet eh.

Papa
my daughter in law had it done last year when she came out, her eyes were dreadful she was blind as a bat, In UK they had quoted huge amounts.(dont believe the ads ... thats for the most simple eyes procedure!!) she paid £600 in Mapusa (you can barter with the Dr I did for her!!) she is over the moon, no more glasses...it has changed her life she claims and no follow up probs
Chilly ;)
Had my consult today.Can not do anything for my poor reading vision due to my other "lazy" eye.

Thats the end of that then.

Papa
Oh Papa that's a shame, well at least you have tried, disappointing though the outcome has been for you.

I too would love it done, can't see a flipping thing clearly without my specs - blind as a bat, as they say! Trouble is, I think I would be more than a bit scared to have it done in Goa, no come back if it all goes pear shaped. If you are lucky and have no problems then great but the "what ifs" tend to put me off. You only have one pair of eyes and even with the poor sight that I have.........it's better than NO sight at all.

Although I haven't had a consultation done here, I think it's quite likely that I wouldn't be a suitable candidate either and could end up disappointed like you Papa. I should have probably looked into it a few years back before things got worse....oh well, never mind.
Fizz
HI FIZZY
They were mine and my partners thoughts aswell about the after care so we paid the extra to have it done at home.Its worthwhile to go for the consultation as its FREE so nothing to lose.My eyes were terrible both distance and reading i had to wear varifocles and couldnt get used to them.Now my eyes are perfect the best thing i have ever had done.it took 5 mins to do and no pain at all .if anyone goes to optical express to have it done pm me for £50 off
NEIL
Have to admit I was very disapointed at the news I could not get it done.Thats life just got to get on with it.

Papa
I had the same problem Papa,

I went to somewhere called Maxi Vision near me and they told me that they were reluctant to do it because my eyes needed a lot of correction, however, they could offer me a procedure called a Clear Lens Extraction. This apparently is where they remove your healthy clear lens and replace it with a plastic one. Surprise, surprise this would have cost me £3000.

They also told me that even if they tried to laser my eyes, they would only be able to put me back to reading and driving glasses. As I read a lot and drive a lot, I would have been in glasses most of the time anyway.

I haven't given up hope that someone can help me in the future as processes change all the time.

Sheila.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.