Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
The Saratoga bar always seems popular, but as a veggie i was kinda struggling for choice. However, a lot of people seem to like it, and it isn't too expensive, plus it's near to the campsite

Just turn left along the lane at the entrance, and it's a few yards down the track on your left. I've gone off it since the smoking ban though, as this is one pub that allows smoking inside, and it's like smog!!!
Cheers Cidermonster, had a feeling you might reply :D

How long you been going to Estartit for ?
Too long! :D

First went with my parents in 1987 i think, been around ten times since then although i've kinda lost count! :rofl

Castell Montgri is just such a fantastic campsite it always entices me back
I've been once before myself,1992 I think with my parents.We stayed on a campsite with Siesta I dont think its there anymore.
I remember it being the best holiday i've ever had (I was only 17 at the time )I remember a bar on the square called Georges
with the barmen flipping the cocktails around and me thinking it was really cool.I also went to Blanes with my family 8 year ago
again with Siesta.I was'nt impressed with Blanes the beach is pants and not much to do on the night but I think the kids enjoyed
it. Like you I tend to go May cheaper prices Weather a bit cooler for the kids and not as busy.I was half thinking of hiring a car
to get about Estartit what do you reckon?
Aye, we always go in May as i don't really like it TOO hot (and mozzies love me too!) and i hate the campsite when it's too busy

Never really thought about hiring a car until i was in Calella DP last year, and said if i went back again i'd do it, it would certainly be a good way of seeing other resorts in the costa brava, but if you are just doing Estartit itself i wouldn't bother
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.