General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
We saw George Best with wife and minder in the departure lounge at Gatwick for a flight to Corfu about 4 years ago.
Raymond Quinn from X factor was on our flight and transfer coach to Negril in Jamaica, he seemed really down to earth.
we stayed at the same hotel as richard parke the critic from fame academy whilst at lykia world in olu deniz turkey 2 yrs ago, only noticed as he was on the next dining table to us lol
Sat in Bonnies Bar in Calangute - Goa and Barry Howard who played Barry Stuart Hargreaves the ballroom dancer in Hi De Hi was sat on his own having a drink so we sat next to him pretending we didn't know who he was - got quite upset.
Sat next to Phil Tuffnell on the plane back from Mumbai when he and his girlfriend has been over to India to watch the cricket.
saw nicky from bb at east midlands airport when going to ibiza september last year she was awful saying who is she who is she and doing her own impressions!
My boyfriend met Peter Stringfellow in gatwick 2 years ago and decided to text me at 5:30 in the morning just to tell me :evil:
Ive met ainsley Harriot, Jamie Oliver, Toby Tobins, Paul Rankin. :lol:
i met helen worth (gail platt) from corronation street and the big tall guy doctor bloke she had a fling with on a train to london
:rofl All the above are nothing, I travelled back from Alicante early May and on the flight was the little one with the crew cut of the Chuckle Brothers, he did'nt recognise me though and said nothing.

Dave :cry:
Ricky (formerly of Eastenders) was seated in the same row as us on an Air Berlin flight from Palma!! Kept himself to himself though!

Pippa
I was stood beside Nacho Novo (Spanish footballer plays for Glasgow Rangers) on the cattle truck from the plane to the terminal at Palma airport 3 year ago. Kept looking at him and thinking he was fit looking. Wasn't until we were at baggage carousels and everyone was taking his photo and asking for autographs (Glasgow flight) that I realised he must be someone famous. Was still unaware who he was when told his name by an excited teenager, wearing top to toe Rangers gear, climbing over the belt to get his photo taken with him. Knew all about him when my own Rangers mad teenage son (who wasn't with us) went slightly off on one at me for not getting his autograph/photo. :oops:
Dave-----------How lucky were you--------Barry Chuckle :lol: :lol:

He was never off the telly when my youngest was little :roll: :roll:
Hi All,

Bumped into Les Battersby from Corrie in the dominican in a shopping centre, he was arguing with his wife quite loudly it could of easily been Les and Cilla the way they were yelling at each other!! very funny but very bizarre at the same time!!
I have just posted in another thread, I had Jimmy Hill sitting next to me on a flight from Gatwick to Aberdeen.

At Gatwick where we have had many a long wait for our flight to ABZ hubby has spotted John Culshaw and Paul Whitehouse. Our daughter spotted Chris Eubank at Gatwick and phoned her dad who said to go and get his autograph for him which she did. Unfortunately he spelt hubby's name wrong. On Wednesday in Gatwick we were eating lunch in Chez Gerrard when a group of girls came in saying they had just seen and spoke to Chris Eubank!! We were in the middle of lunch but hubby was wanting to go and find him and tell him he spelt his name wrong :oops:
Fortunately we didn't see him! :D

With regards to the person who was in Corrie and was married to Judy, he is called Ian Mercer and I knew him when I was growing up. I come from Oldham where many Coronation Street actors hail from and I know Sarah Lancashire and Tiffany Chapman (Rachel Jordache - Brookside)
Just remembered. Many years ago (at least 30) we spent an enjoyable evening sharing a table with Kenny Ball (of Kenny Ball and his jazzmen) in a pub at Paguera, Majorca. He was over there with his band doing shows,
When we were returning from the algarve Scottish actor Pete Postlethwaite was in the que in front of us.
Johnny Briggs aka "Mike Baldwin" in Dublin Airport.
Mohammed al Fayed in Sharm El Sheikh having a coffee on the table next to us. His two heavies were sat at other tables.
Trinny and Suzanna filming in Michigan Avenue, Chicago.
Many years ago I went on the Mad Mouse ride in Scarborough with a Grumbleweed - the bald one!!!
Years ago, Petula Clark on a flight from London to Paris.
We were on holiday in Mojacar, Spain one year, and Claudia Winkelman & a BBC film crew turned up to do a bit for the Holiday programme. We didn't get on, but our daughter was filmed boogieing away in the Kids Club!
When we arrived back at luton from cyprus a couple of weeks ago i saw michelle mcmanus (pop idol/x factor cant remember which one she was on!) walking through the doors to departures

I only noticed her becasue she was wearing massive sunglasses (it was raining outside) and because she walking along covering her face with her hands and doing the "no,dont look at me" stuff.

If she had just walked in normally i probably wouldnt have even noticed her but perhaps she wanted people to notice her :roll:
On a Virgin flight to Barbados in 2004 sat a few rows in front of us was Jill Chance from Crossroads aka Jane Rossington - she had a face like a slapped backside - probably due to spending time in cattle class no doubt :shock: :roll:

A few years ago whilst on an Airtours flight (can't remember where I was going now) one of the cabin crew was Lisa Duckworth (Terry's wife & mother of his child from Corrie) - a new career move for her - they even announced it over the PA!! :shock:

Went to a holiday camp in Devon in 2003, on site was a film crew following a family around - no-one knew what it was for but it transpired it was one of the first Holiday Swaps - my son got filmed standing around the stage one evening :D On the same holiday on a trip to Paignton Zoo saw Barry from Eastenders on the train with his wife and kids :lol: :lol:

I'm sure there are others - will post if I remember them :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.