General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
A Christmas Carol. I watched the George C Scott version the other week. Love it. I also like the musical one, Scrooge.

Other than that, Home Alone is great and so is Gremlins.

I love all the cheesey crimbo movies though.

I even watched Charlie Brown Xmas the other week too.
I love to watch 'Peter's Friends'. - set more over the New Year than Christmas, but love it anyway.
Also, 'Bernard and the Genie'
Am 34 years old but will never ever get tired of The Wizard of Oz. It is my all time favourite film.

Sally
Hmmm.. it was always on as a child but Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was one of my favourites.. The Sound of Music, Wizard of Oz.. they were all on when i was young and still repeated now.

I think i can watch Grease over and over..but none of them are very Christmassy.

My kids are teenagers now and they are not really into all these films any more so i just end up not watching anything as i am too busy rushing around trying to sort everything!!!!
Definately Its a Wonderful Life

Miricle on 34th Street

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation.............cheesy but hilarious
My favs christmas films have to be

Scrooged (Bill Murray)
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (Chevy Chase)

You always know its christmas when they start showing the Indiana Jones films - love all of them

And of course christmas just isnt christmas without one or two obligatory James Bond films (especially with Sean Connery).
I love most but my favourite is Santa Cluse the movie with Dudley Moore.

I like Love actually too and will be watching it tonight.
the best films at xmas have got to be james bond everyone says not james bond again its on every year but we all still watch them
SHAKEN BUT NOT STIRRED
Not wishing to be a spoilsport but what has this to do with holidays?

We do not have a chat section. Discussion of films on TV over xmas is not in accordance with T&Cs

Perhaps Mods/Admin can rule on this.

fwh
ok fair point didn't realise Scrooge

that brings me onto another good film scrooged the one with bill murray lol :lol:
fwh wrote:
We do not have a chat section

Well, its 'holiday season' is it not? I see no harm in it myself. The author of this thread nver mentioned anything about films on TV. They simply asked of other members what are their favourite christmas related/themed movies.
christmas is holiday related is it not? time off work (those of us that still work it is) :D :lol:

im sorry if this post has upset anyone just meant as a bit of fun!
Not at all mari.

Another one I like is Meet Me in Saint Louis with Judy Garland. Very snowy and festive.
Yes, "Meet Me In St Louis" - I still cry when Judy sings 'Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas'. Christmas Carol - the old black and white one with Alistair Sim as Scrooge. Fabulous! His face when he realises that it is still not too late is just wonderful (and so funny!).
ooooh i forgot about that one with Alistair Simm as Scrooge....i have seen that many times. The cartoon version is good as well.. and what about seeing the traditional pantomimes.....my parents used to take me every Christmas Hols when i was a kid...I think my favourite was always Cinderella...
Good on ya Mari after all it is the holiday season.
My faves are as follows.

Scrooged
Lampoons Christmas Vacation
Miracle on 34th Street (recent version)
It's a wonderful life
The Polar Express.
OOOOPs forgot "Love Actually" which was on last night

Brilliant film! :D
Hi All

What a great topic to get us all in the festive spirit bottle :lol: sorry thinking about Vodka again :!: The great thing about Christmas films is that the whole family can watch and enjoy them together. While I love the idea of a bloke like James Bond, as srhjnmgn says Sean Connery, the films do not appeal to me. Mind you Daniel Craig has got a wicked six pack.

My personal crimbo fave is White Christmas with Bing Crosby, but then I love all the old musical films especially the old Gene Kelly ones.

As for the more recent ones they have to be:

Miracle on 34th Street
The Grinch (Jim Carey just cracks me up anyway)
The Gremlins (because my three kids used to watch the video over and over again when they were younger giving me some quiet time :lol: )

Hope everyone on HT has a brilliant Crimbo and New Year

Regards Jackie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.