General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
"Santa Claus Is Coming To Town"

"So Here It Is Merry Christmas Everbody's Having Fun"

"White Christmas"

"Sleigh Bells"
I have to say it is the old faithful 'I'm dreaming of a White Christmas' also 'Little Drummer Boy' by Bing Crosby and David Bowie.

My daughter (16) and her mate are driving me mad at the moment by constantly playing Mariah Carey's version of 'All I want for Christmas is you'. If I never hear it again it will be too soon.

Regards Jackie
My favourite one has to be Wizard - I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day. Very cheesy but it gets everyone in the mood for a party along with Slade's Merry Christmas Everyone.

Michelle :D
Slade was my group in the 70's and I used to love "Merry Xmas Everyone". Widards "I wish it could be Xmas every day" was also a classic of the same year (1973).
My all time favourite is the Pogues and of course the late Kirsty McColl (1987), it's pure class, and only got to number 2. Band Aids "Do the know it's Xmas" was also a great one (1984).
"Let it snow" always reminds me of the late "Phil the clown", he used to run around spraying snow at the kids.
There must be a great recent one, but I can't think of any :lol:

Robby :wink:
As a young teenager in the early 70's, Slade were my favourite group too and 'Merry Christmas Everybody' has got to be one of the best Christmas songs ever. I also really like 'Fairy Tale of New York', John Lennon's 'Happy Xmas (War is Over)' and Greg Lake's 'I believe in Father Christmas'.

Robbo :tup
"I'll be home for Christmas" - can't help a tear or two when I hear it.
All the above!

Pogues and Kirsty McColl reminds me of sitting in a little 'spit and sawdust' pub near college on Xmas eve in 1988. Happy teenage memories!

I also love the Mariah Carey one, I have no idea why but it gets me bopping around the house!

Heck, I just love them all! :D
My favourite amongst them all is, The little Drummer Boy and especially the version by the Trans- Siberian Orchestra....it gets fixed in your brain and you just cannot help but keep humming it.

It can be heard in the video for the Christmas Album.

Oh, and "Stop the Cavalry" by Jona Lewie......

Dub a dum dum dub a dub
Dub a dub a dum
Wish I was at home for Christmas

Sanji x
Away in a manger sang by our schoolkids! It can bring a tear to my eye!
I love them all!

Shakin' stevens one is great and the one that creases me up is the Chris De Burgh one: A spaceman came travelling.... the chorus just has me in stitches especially when its on in a shop and I start singing it to my boyfriend at full volume: it goes, la la la la la la la la la la!

I bet he wishes I had a mute button!

If you have Sky/Cable then all the music channels play the xmas stuff the whole time which is fab! Gets you in the festive spirit especially when I am getting ready for work at 7am!
:D
The Pogues and Kirsty Macoll, Fairytale of New York..

oh yes and Wizzard and of course Slade..
never liked the Poges did like Wizzard and slade but what about i'm walking backwards for christmass

wizard
My favourite Christmas Song is Chris Rea - Driving home for Christmas.

I know Christmas is nearly here when I hear it playing on the radio.

Merry Christmas to everyone

Carmel :wave
Wizard - you must be nearly as old as me if you remember that! :lol:
Crikey, we all most be of a similar age on here!
Mine are - Fairy tale of New York, Do they know it's Christmas, I wish it could be xmas everyday and (while it's not a 'pop/ christmas song) I love In the Bleak Midwinter
Oh Holy Night the Celine Dion version, makes me cry everytime.

White Christmas nobody sings it like Bing.

and for a bit of fun Rocking around the Christmas Tree, Mel Smith and Kim whatsherface and I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus.

Favorite carol - Once in Royal Davids City

Sarah
The Pogues with Kirsty McColl is probably top of the list, but Belleau Wood (lyrics here is also excellent). Find the version by Garth Brooks from his album 'Sevens'.
Prawn

the only christmass song released in June (1956) the first record i purchased with my own savings 1s9d from memory
Wizard - am I right that it was the Goons (or one of them, at least)?!

Why did they release a christmas song in summer? :roll: Glad I'm not the only nut around :D :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.