General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
Like you said Fiona , Live Aid was monumental and David Bowie was just pure class , he really is my favourite star , I like Heroes and have a version of it in German " helden" it actually sounds better !? But my favourite song of his is Ashes to Ashes along with the video. Like the ziggy stuff too .
Also at live aid the best performance was undoubtedly Queen , the powerful performance of Freddie was also seen at the closing ceremony of the Olympics which showed that he remains a true legend sadly only in spirit .

These are the days of our lives . Queen

Atomic. Blondie Every 80s boys dream and the guitar wasn't too bad either

Common people/ disco 2000 Pulp. Think that Jarvis Cocker is great.

Holiday. Madonna. Just gets me smiling when it's time to go of on ......

Keeping the dream alive . Freiheit A bit 80s but likeable

Like to get to know you well. / what is love Howard Jones. More 80s that cheers you up!

Offshore '97. Chicane When I'm chilling with a Bacardi and coke and a Marlboro light.

Come undone. Duran Duran I do like my 80s groups

West end girls. Pet shop boys Walking along an empty London street on NY day when I heard this , it felt sort of atmospheric

When will I be famous. Bros. me and my mate would put this on the jukebox in our local and mime around the pool table to it ( in a joking way ) we never were ! Today we would get our own ITV 2 show ;)

Without you. Nilsson The only one who can sing this song properly , I wish the others just wouldn't do it

Wham rap WHAM !! We're back round that pool table again ! My mate was pretty like George :rofl and I was called Andy and we had the white T shirts , but no Pepsi and Shirlie :cry Good lyrics though, unfortunately too many take them literally ;)

Anything by Goldfrapp , especially if I'm doing a bit of DIY around the house , it keeps me calm.
Theres's some good ones there Andy and I love your memories too :D . I must try and compile my list but there are so many you forget until reminded..
ooh..so many good songs to choose from;

Not in any particular order:

U2 - With or without you

Bryan Adams - Summer of 69

A-ha - Take on Me

Yazoo - Nobody's diary

Moody Blues - Nights in White Satin

Procul Harem - Whiter Shade of Pale

Boomtown Rats - I don't like Mondays

Ultavox - Vienna

oooh there are so many more I could think of...

Maybe I should consider narrowing it down to just 5 or so for Desert Island discs.....let me get back to you
I must admit I like quite a few of those songs as well Justval,

A Ha , take on me had a great video too

Liked Yazoo , Alison Moyet had a brilliant voice

Procul Harem was always playing on the pub jukebox, does anyone know what the hell it's about !

Boomtown Rats , I went to see them in concert , don't like Mondays was the only song of theirs I knew ! It was worth it just to hear that live, they also did Feed the world , it was good to see them live with Bob in full flow with his effing and jeffing

I went to Vienna a couple of years ago , and downloaded the Ultravox song then ,it's a great song, remember when it was in the charts and famously kept off No. 1 by shaddup your face :duh the great British public music tastes eh !!!! :que
I saw the Boomtown Rats as well. They had a newly formed group as the warmup act. I quite liked them. It was U2 :D
wow...U2 are my all time favourite band. I have stuff of thiers gong back right to 1976 when they were new...and a couple of years ago I finally managed to get to see them in concert when they went to Sheffield for the 360 tour. One of the best ever albums is "The Joshua Tree"...
My favourite song is Freebird by Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Unless I'm doing karaoke in which case it's Elvis! :rofl
:yikes

:( No Hard Rock - Thin Lizzy, Led Zeppelin, The Who, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Guns N' Roses, Aerosmith or even bands such as Metallica and the best of them all AC/DC
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.