Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
feta cheese
4 Posts
You will find that commercialy made/mass produced feta will be pastuerized hence the yes (most is made from cow milk rather than sheep/goat milk) however locally produced "real" feta wont be pastuerized and therefore holds the risk, hence the no.
NeilTheBeaver wrote:
You will find that commercialy made/mass produced feta will be pastuerized hence the yes (most is made from cow milk rather than sheep/goat milk) however locally produced "real" feta wont be pastuerized and therefore holds the risk, hence the no.

You will find that what Neil says holds true for ALL cheese not just Feta and ESPECIALLY Piccorina and Parmejano cheeses which are not supposed to be pateurised anyway so watch out for your pasta too
Just to let anybody else know if they are ever concerned about feta cheese being pasteurized, i can know answear to my own question.

I e-mailed a restaurant owner and my reply was that all feta cheese that is served in restaurants is definatley pasteurized. But not to have any feta cheese that is offered by any local as that might be home made.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.