Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
hi GREATOREX noticed you went star class premier. is it as good as they say, what meals, drinks etc did you have?any info appreciated. thanks
hi, yes star class premier could be as good as they say depending on who is in the star class premier on the flight. We unfortunately had the flight from hell due to other passengers (the young family and 2 children) and was constantly disturbed phisically by carers trying there best to care for a disabled girl the row behind us. These factors of course are no faults of first choice, as i have been told. But i do believe that premier should be just that, peace and quiet with relaxation, what is the sense of mood lighting when you have 2 year olds screaming at you for three hours.
The food was very good indeed and presently lovely, you do get a first and 2nd choice but on the outbound and inbound we were not given our first choice as they had run out! and we were only row 4! so 2nd choice of food both ways, there was beef cobbler, chicken, pasta, with lovely desserts like cheescake and fresh fruit, plenty to eat finished off with warm bread rolls, cheese and buiscuits, coffees and luxury chocs. The only thing is dont eat the dessert on your plate before the main corse comes. they serve a tray with starters and sweets on then after about half an hour bring the main course, which a lot of people had eaten there desserts thinking they were part of the starters and were no longer hungry enough to enjoy the main dinner. The seats we found another complaint about as ours both ways wouldnt inflate the cushion seat that you sit on and so made for a very hard seat and uncomfortable 11 hours. The staff were just lovely and fun and obviously really enjoy working the premier section. they were telling jikes and generally very upbeat. Drinks were flowing (although myself and my husband dont drink) you could order anything at any time, jsut except when they were obviously busy you didnt trouble them. Im sure if we hadnt had the passenger /seat problems we would have had the best flight ever, just luck of the draw, but i have written to first choice to express my opinion regarding the above facts. Hope you have a good one, the service was brilliant.
We were very lucky with star class premier.

First rate food, first rate cabin crew and first rate entertainment.

I must admit though we couldn't reinflate our seats and the tray rests being in the armrest were a problem as the they are too small for trays. I was the first on my flight to lose her tray (fortunately I had already eaten and my glass was empty so there was little mess). I stopped feeling bad about it when within an hour six more people lost their trays. I have been led to believe First Choice are working on the tray problem and should be sorted out soon.

I have booked my next year's holiday already and have booked premier star class and cannot wait!
There are three planes with the tray problem and one without, this should be fixed ASAP.
it does need doing desperatly, sure is a problem, we spilt our drinks and lost our bread roll! good for creating a giggle though :lol:
yes your seats are prebooked and organised into the best seating arrangement for who ever is in premier, ie if you are a family of three like we were you are more or less guaranteed the cenetr three. I rang to ask for three across from the window so we would have a window and 2 x isle seats but its certainly no use asking as we found out. you are where you are and on the return flight there were three couples that had been seperated through the premier cabin either in different rows or seats apart.
greatorex, do you mean that the 3 couples were travelling together and were separated or that the individual couples were split up? I do hope it's the former as there is no way I would be split from my hubbie on such a long flight. as there are so many rows of two I cant see them having to split couples, the only possibility being last minute bookings on a very full flight? I am hoping that because we are going 2 weeks after easter that it wont be too full. of course ideally I would love a middle row of 3 for the two of us!
the three that were seperated were three seperate couples. They needless to say were very upset and angry. You have to think that most people go away on long haul as twos and so the middle section of three seats will be splitting couples up somewhere along the way. I can guarantee though that you cannot pre book where or how you would like to sit. I know you can request but i believe that as people book the actual holidays the seats are allocated in the order thats available at that time. so if premier was quite full there is always the chance of being seperated but you could maybe swop with other people to sort out the problems. sorry to be such a killjoy but the premier has a long way yet to perfect the service i feel. Yopu should at least have a guarantee to sit together next to eachother on the same row. I am a very nervous flyer and was petrified of being seperated from my husband. good luck and try not to worry im sure they always do there best to seat people together :)
Hi everyone, I have a question, hope someone can help me........(I get confused easily!) :?

Ok, I have booked a F/C holiday from the "Premier" brochure (to Egypt), I got my tickets through the other day and have found out that I am getting 30kilos of luggage per person plus they have given us group seating free (none of this I knew until I received my tickets!).
Anyway....I just wondered if all of the above meant that my family will be in the "star class" seats???? Or do they not have them on flights to Egypt? Im not expecting them but I wasnt expecting any of the other stuff either so thought I would ask......
Any help would be very much appreciated...... :bow
Love Squeeky xxxxx

14 days to go.......YIPPEEEEEEE :fish :fly :pele :sun :hyper
No they dont have star class seats on the Egypt flights at the moment.
squeeky

I just wondered if all of the above meant that my family will be in the "star class" seats????

First Choice call all their cabins 'star class' these days. However, their long haul version of star class and their short haul is very much different. Their long haul product aboard their 767-300's is excellent with 33" seat pitch, seat back IFE and comfy leather seats. Their short haul star class produce is pretty much the standard economy product with 28" seat pitch and leather seats. This is a cabin shot of 'star class' aboard one of their Airbus A320-200's (the 757-200's are very similar). Compare that to the long haul cabins on their 767-300's; star class and star class Premium. FCA are a decent charter airline, I've flown with them a few times this year and would fly again with them tomorrow.

Darren
Hi there, this is my first posting so im hoping to get it right.Im going on holiday on the 15th september to barbados im travelling premium star class with first choice from manchester,as anyone been on this flight lately and if so what can i expect?I have been told that the plane is a 763 flight number FCA016 i dont know anything about planes so is this small or big ive read loads of topics on here but cant find this plane, ive been on the FC link and read some very intresting threads on there thankyou i will wait for your replies
seems flythomascook has changed its flight bookings,theres now a space for promotion code,anybody have a code?thanks kev
Just discovered today(although I may be the last to find out!!) that for all those lovers of star class and star class premier that Thomsons have now introduced a service to rival it. Infact I think the premier has the edge over First Choice, an extra inch, but every little bit helps. Prices don't look too bad either.

Pam
Thomson is ok but..

The cabin isnt going to be refurbished to the same standard because they are not reducing the number of seats across like FCA have. So they will be very tight in width.

The extra inch in Premier is ok but unless you get out your tape measure you wont even notice its there.
There's more info on the new TOM cabins on the TOM thread. This is the new service spec. As BEfreeTODAY says, TOM are keeping the 2-4-2 configuration wheras FCA went all out and went for 2-3-2, much roomier. Havign said that, this is a huge improvement for TOM, and a welcome one. The 37" seat pitch for premium is just a marketing thing. You'll not notice any difference between 36" or 37".

Darren
Hi,

flying long haul to cuba with first choice.
4adults travelling 1 is a muslim and 1 is a vegertarian. when we asked for special meals, 1 without pork products and 1 without meat we were told on top of the basic price (which is £40.00 and I dont mind paying that) this would cost an additional £65. which I thought a tad excessive??

does anyone know what would come in a veggie meal? as apparantly its cheaper to get 2 veggie meals instead?
The veggie meal would almost certainly be pasta and some kind of sauce. Obviously no meat in it.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.