Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Bennie

My sympathies are with you, however, Glynis HT Administrator, advised you to contact Ross Fernihough for legal advice, have you done this yet?

Do you have the contact details of anyone else that was on "Your Flight"

It appears from the posting you have made, you are not going to make any further progress with the tour operator, therefore, take legal advice from someone who knows (the above contact details) only then can you proceed and hopefully, bring this saga to a conclusion.

Good luck

Driver02
Yes I have been advised by Ros Fernihough to send her all the information, which is what I intend to do. We are also in regular contact with other passengers.

Not wanting to keep repeating myself it is NOT compensation for the flight that I want. Yes, I was happy to see the incident mentioned in the Sun. Although I am fully aware that it was not refering to my particular flight it did bring to light the knock on effect of the previous delays which resulted in the demise of the flight mentioned. ( Which Thomson refer to as ''engine failure ''in their letter )
Had the orrigonal delay to Mexico been dealt with instead of using the aircraft that should have flown to Cuba then they wouldn't have been on that particular aircraft.
Bennie

Perhaps you can clarify, if you do not want compensation, then why are you pursuing this incident.
If you want an apology, then I believe you have had one, as you posted earlier

'' Thank you for your furthur letter.
I am sorry that you were dissatisfied with my previous response and have reviewed all the correspondence which has passed between us.
Having done so, I do not feel there is anything I can add to what has already been said. It is evident that no amount of further discussion will bring about our agreement.
I am sorry that I am unable to assist you further with this matter and that it has not been settled as you would wish.''
What do you think of that??????

When people are in disagreement with a company, it's very important to state from the outset,what you want, only then, can some kind of a compromise begin, I therefore believe, you need to notify all parties involved what you are prepared to settle for.

Good lick

Driver02
The Tri-Star L1011 involved is being replaced by a Airbus A310. Isn't that ironic?
The airline Yes Linhas Aereas Charteris is also planning a complete revamp of its corporate identity (the airline is the charter arm of TAP Air Portugal and Viagens Abreu)
The new airline is to be named White.
Bennie.
Good on you for standing up to First choice. It's about time that we all stoppped accepting this shoddy treatment from holiday firms. The rest of you who have argued with Bennie really do need to get of your soap box. Why do you take it so personal that someone has complained about a tour operator. Are you all travel agents?? In my opinion you have every right for complaint and I hope you are succesful in persuing compensation for your delayed holiday. The rest of you "first choice groupies", get a life!
Wow wow wow wow Mickey you really do have it in for First Choice dont you??? What happened did you have a bad holiday with them or something.???

Would be interested to know what your issue is with them???

From a First Choice Employee (not a groupie - just they pay my wages for me to pay rent, provide my daughter with a meal everyday and pay council tax - thats all!!)

:P
I see Micky's point, TBH some of the comments that have been levied at Bennie are diabolical. I don't understand why somebody coming on here looking for advice/sharing their opinion deserves to be jumped upon like they have been.
im so glad i have never had a delay for that duration. hello fellow going places colleague
Hi :wave

I'm actually an ex employee, haven't been a TA for 2 years now :)
Sorry if I am thick denmarkhse, but what does the above comment mean :?
Below is a link to a letter I recieved from First Choice regarding our flight from Cuba. Before I decide to take this matter any further, it would be interesting to hear members views.

testing link[/url]

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lanzerac62/album?.dir=3a5a&.src=ph
Sorry about the delay in posting the correct link.
Sarah.
Hi Sarah,
That was an interesting reply but to be honest it is nothing short of what was expected from First Choice. It appears that they are digging their heals in with reference to the new Eu regulations and have obviously their own interpritation of it.
As you know we were NOT offered any compensation at all and were also NOT offered the option of cancelling our flight and choosing to fly with another operator at the airport. Who would have been able to tell us what portion of the amount paid for the holiday was for the airfair alone ? Also we would have had to make the decision if it was financialy viable for us to do this.
First Choice passengers were told that they could cancel after 12 hours delay but passengers who had booked with other tour operators (but were unfortunatley using a First Choice flight) were NOT given this option.
At the end of the day we were supposed to be enjoying the facilities of an all inclusive resort NOT spending it at an airport /day hotel where a glass of wine was 8 pounds a glass!!!. If I pay for 14 days at an all inclusive resort and I don't get this then I am being short changed and expect to get a refund for the part of the holiday I did't receive. Other retailers wouln't be able to get away with it would they, why should First Choice?
Hi Bennie. I agree with what you say about these tour companies. They just dont see how such "little matters" can effect someones holiday. At the end of the day , they werent there waisting thier precious holiday time in an airport. The only thing is, when you have gripe about something on holiday whether it being the flight, hotel, transfer etc, it doesnt matter what airline you fly on (FCA) if you booked your holiday with Thomson that is who your contract is with and they are responsible for all parts of holiday even if supplied by a third party. (it is in the back of most brochures). Although personally I would love to see you screw FC I think you do have to try and get compensation from Thomson.
We had something similar a while ago with our insurance, lets just say thomson settled out of court in the end.
Anyway, good luck.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.