Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Dont think it should be the reps place to tell you. Surely its something that should come up as an errata whn you book the holiday and the consutant should advise?

Kath x
Yes a cash deposit is common practise in self catering accommodation, but it should be stated in the brochure or at least in your booking confirmation.

It is standard practise worldwide that rooms are not available until 2-3pm so you were luck to get in at 12pm. Rooms are normally vacated between 10am and 12pm on the day of departure and they need time for the cleaners to do the rooms before the next guests.

luci :wave
Yes the First Choice & Thomson should have stated - but did not. That was the point. And that was confirmed by people all over the country. Yes it is commonplace not to get into the rooms until the afternoon, that is acceptable, but to charge for minding luggage? I dont think so. Having been all over the world, this is the first time this has happened. Hands up all those people who have had to pay a fee for their luggage to be put into a secure room and charged for this courtesy.
In the US if you leave your luggage with the bell desk they don't actually charge, but you are expected to tip the bell hop. I haven't heard of being charged in Europe.

luci :wave
I recall back in the days of INTASUN that when the holiday ended the apartment was inspected. A couple we met were required to pay a bill for damage. At the time we inspected it with them and it was obvious that the damage had been there for some time.

He paid and was going to take it up when he returned. I have never been asked for a deposit or had an inspection since. I have looked at FC site and can see no mention, although I have been asked to pay a deposit for such as the safe or hairdryer but always had my money returned in such cases.

fwh
Perhaps the answer is to contact FC and ask for an explanation as to why you were not told until you arrived.
It is quite normal to pay for such things as safe and beach towels locally even if it is a refundable deposit.

fwh
Just had a quick look at website and can find one lot of apartments where a deposit is mentioned in the accommodation description.
I remember last year at the Blau Mar apartments in Lloret de Mar that if you wanted to leave your luggage, you had to use the lockers provided at a cost fo €2.00 each. But to be honest for the price we paid, I wasn't that bothered. I guess if your holiday was quite expensive then it could pee you off a bit.
I used to work for FC before I left to start my new life in Cyprus.

Having taken several holidays to various parts of Spain with a number of holiday companies, we only had to pay a deposit at one apartment complex in Benidorm. We got our deposit back when we handed our keys back on checkout.

However, I am aware that some complexes did charge in Brava & Dorada areas, but it was always mentioned in the brochure or with the holiday documentation sent with your tickets.

It should be written somewhere if there is a deposit to be paid on arrival.
Three times we have visited Costa Dorada/Salou. We stayed at Albatros Apartments, Playa De Oro and Sun Club Apart/Hotel. We paid a deposit at all 3.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.