Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Have you tried calling First Choice ? If not give them a try explaining your husbands size/height. You never know they might swap you over.
When my travel agent called I went down there and she phoned First Choice while I was there with her and they said it was impossible to move us !
Will they allow you/is it possible for you to amend your booking to a date when the seats are available?

The only thing I can suggest is that you give Ros Fernihough, who will give you free advice and explain your legal rights, a call on 01922 621114 as time is of the essence here.
Have they told First Choice about your husbands height ? Many airlines will provide ex leg room for someone over 6ft tall.

If they still wont help, I would follow the advice given by Glynis above.

Good luck

Kath HT Admin
it was said in the post in Flights

The person in question booked premium because all the extra leg room seats had been sold or something along the lines of that.
Ah thanks Topjet. Have been away on holiday so hadn't read that.

Kath HT Admin
can u please update the result of your premium seats situation. may have the same shortly thanks
It seems there is very little we can do, overbooking is something that "happens".

I have called First Choice direct and was told that all of the exit seats with extra leg room have been pre booked and paid for (not £299) so no joy there.

We can't even change the holiday because of work commitments.

We have our tickets which show that we should be premium so may get to the airport early and go to the premium desk and see what happens.

Will let you know.
thats the only thing that you can do. Im not saying they wont have it on there system that you got kicked off.

I WOULDNT CONDONE THIS FOLLOWING SUGGESTION:

If you do go to the check in and attempt to say you knew nothing about it, they may be sympathetic they may not and attempt to do something for you.

THE ABOVE IS NOT CONDONED BY ME IN ANY WAY.
thats the only thing that you can do. Im not saying they wont have it on there system that you got kicked off.

I WOULDNT CONDONE THIS FOLLOWING SUGGESTION:

Quote:

If you do go to the check in and attempt to say you knew nothing about it, they may be sympathetic they may not and attempt to do something for you.

THE ABOVE IS NOT CONDONED BY ME IN ANY WAY.

Oh dear who suggested that then ?? where did you get that quote from topjet?
Let me put it another way.

Dislamer for my suggestion:

I do not expect responsability for anything that comes from my suggestions on HolidayTruths

:wink: so if i tell them topjet sent me it won't help?
if they have got any sense of aviation they will know that as the call sign for Thomas Cook :D
I expect they will deny you the right to board if you mention him :shock: :lol:
yes i am known as the hit man in the airline industry.

I dont think i have been nice to one check in agent yet.
If I were you, I would be at check in very early and try to be the first to check in and cause a hell of a stink if they tell you you've been downgraded. You never know? Also there's always a possibility if there's a no show. State your intention for a free upgrade if this happens(for all the inconvenience etc) Not a great start to your hols bur worth a try. Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Having worked for this particular airline and almost every other charter and seeing this many times, I would say that no premium seats are guranteed, even after you have paid for them on any airline. If the a/c went tech and they had to replace it then they may not be able to honour the seats anyway, due to op. requirements.

What I would suggest as Topjet has is taking your invoice showing the upgrade and the tickets anyway, and trying to blag it. If not they may allocate you extra legroom / bulkhead seats anyway, this has happened in many cases.

Hope this helps

Angel
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.