Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
not many flights left for october , unless you like late night flights :que

wizard
From my experience the Greek islands are quite different to the Spanish islands and you probbly won't find anywhere just like Peurto Pollenca or Alcudia.

If you mean somewhere fairly lively but not rowdy, good for families and couples, plenty of bars and restaurants etc then my recomendation would be Stalis, Crete or maybe Ixia, Rhodes.

Ixia is a purpose built resort so is more modern by Greek standards, but the beach at Stalis is infinitely better in my opinion.

Wherever you go in Greece if you go in October the season will be coming to an end and you may find alot of resorts are winding down.
Hi Shrimper, I agree with rigler64, Greece is very different to the Spanish Islands, I have been coming to Greece for 32 years now, different islands & the mainland. I have to say I have never had a bad holiday in Greece. Depends what you want from a holiday, if you want a buzzing night life, parties & clubbing then Malia, Stalis Northern Crete or Faliraki Rhodes is for you. Crete is very laid back and there are many quiet resorts such as Plakias (Southern Crete) Aghia Galini, Elounda, Bali, Georgiopoulis. Crete & Rhodes are steeped in history, there is so much to see and do.

As this is your first visit I wish you a lovely holiday, the Greek people are lovely so is their food, you will find a massive change between Greece & Spain..........enjoy!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.