Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Most flights to the Greek islands don't start until early to mid May and many tourist facilities are geared around those dates, so some may not be open either. We've been to Athens in March and were lucky to have sunshine and temperatures of about 18C but it's not guaranteed. We've been a couple of times in early May, one of the times we had sunshine and beach weather but the other time was changeable and with some rain and wind and not suitable for sitting on the beach. If you want guaranteed sunshine at the end of March, you may be better looking else where, it could be nice for touring but certainly not beach weather. If you can go in May, you will find it easier to get there and have a better chance of decent weather.
Karen,
forget Greece in March. For what you're looking for you'll be disappointed. Maria has summed it up, you might find the weather better than here but even thats not certain. Rhodes or Cyprus do have some tourist trade at this time of year but not much. In March the closest to home for your requirements is probably the Canaries.
I can only agree with what's been said. YOu won't find a company that does package holidays going at that time of year. How easy it would be to get flight only, I don't know, but from what you say I don't think this time of year would suit you.
flight only from Gatwick to Crete is available from memory however Cyprus is set up for off season holidays and other palces in the med would be Malta
Hi Karen
Thomas Cook do packages to Crete from the beginning of April if that's any help. I went in April last year and had glorious weather - early to mid 20's.

Kath
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.