General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
:cheers Hi, Holly and welcome! Never been to the Canaries so can't help there but I am sure you will have a good time. I hope your passport arrives in time - fingers crossed for you. Enjoy!
Hi prawn! :wave:

Thank you.. well i rang the passport office this morning and they said it'd been picked up by the courier... a hour later ITS IN MY HANDS!! :D :sun2

I didnt hestitate to celebrate with a glass of vino on my day off!!! :cheers
Hi. I have been to Correlejo a few times. I am a good few years older than you, but think you will find it a lovely chill out place, There are a couple of pubs with live groups playing every night, so if you want a bit of entertainment you will be able to find it, but not a clubby type of place though. There are a couple of lovely beaches for those sunny days. Dont know about other resorts, but if the sun is shining I am sure you will have great time. :cheers
M
Hi everyone n thanks for the advice!! I had a lovely holiday didnt want to come back! Was beautiful weather 6/7 days, OH got burnt badly on the first day think he underestimated the heat..!! Anyway we had a nice time, one of his relatives lives over there, she moved from England, lucky thing, and has a bar over there she owns, and shes offered us both jobs there & we have found a cheap villa, we both lost our jobs before we went out there so we had a bit of money saved up, however, LOL, after sitting in a cold beer garden once we got back, we decided we should live out there, for a month,6 months? See how it goes, the only thing I am concerned about though is and i dont know if this is the right place or off topic, but fuertuventura isnt in the EU is it? So i wouldnt need a visa etc? Can anyone shed any light on if they have moved abroad etc? Do I need jabs? We are looking to go at the end of May, one way ticket, EEEKKK!! But in the meantime i am getting temp work so anything does go wrong we've both got enough money behind us! Any advice please?

Thanks in advance:D

H x
The Canary Islands are part of Spain, so in the EU.

If you're staying for more than 90 days you will need to apply for residencia, and you have to have written proof of employment/or sufficient income and private medical insurance to cover your intended duration of stay.

The best person to ask advice from is the relative that has already moved out there. She should be able to supply you with all the information you need.
Best to treat it as a working holiday to start with. Its all very well going on holiday but another thing living and working there. Don't buy anything- rent for at least a year. if you have property here, look to rent it short term at least. As you don't have jobs to lose, and if you treat it as a working holiday, then go for it! Keep in mind that the majority of people who move abroad, move back again. You really don't have time to make a life changing decision in a month- so don't. Keep your options open. Sounds exciting though :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.