Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Can't help on accommodation, but you won't go short of a steak or two!

I think the place is called Georgia's steak house on the main strip, which serves some huge slabs, but everywhere does steaks in peotaras. Also plenty of choice re. Chinese, Indian, Japanese, italian. Don't worry, whatever type of food you want, Protaras will have it.

There's even a McDonalds for the philistines....

Richie
Many thanks for reply BaggieBoy,
I was wondering does anyone know if there is a bookies in Protaras or anywhere nearby..
Ive been reading up on it and alot of mentions on Eden Garden, where abouts is this? Looks like it would be worth a visit.

Thanks
Dee
Some of the best steaks I've had were in Protaras.But it was a few years back
Hi

If you booked with an agent or tour operator - ask them to contact the hotel to see if they will allow you to store your baby milk in a fridge at the hotel. It's a regular request - the alternative is that hotels sometimes have fridges they can put in the room at a small charge..

Otherwise, there is a company in Protaras who hire items out and may be able to help you with this. I don't see fridges on their site but they do hire out cool boxes and they may have some mini-fridges perhaps? (They are called Holi-Hire and their email is: rentals@holihire.com )

As for bookies - it depends on what type of betting you want to do.... There are no UK horse racing betting shops in Cyprus as the only horse racing is in Nicosia. Mainly, it's sports betting in Cyprus.

My dad is a horse racing fanatic and bets each day. When he comes to Cyprus each November for a month, he's happy as he can purchase the daily UK paper after around 11.30am each day in Cyprus (usually at larger kiosks or supermarkets) and he telephones his bet through to the UK where he has an account. We always leave them a spare mobile with a So Easy sim card and a Cy£5 card usually lasts him the full 4wks!

Good luck
CwB
Hi WEEBEANS18 & Others

I have visited Cyprus twice now and loved every minute of it.
Unfortunately ive never been to the hotel which you have stated though but im sure they'll have a fridge, surelly they cant expect you to survive without it in that heat! :S and even if they dont have a fridge im sure by June they'll have been quite afew complaints, leading to the owners of the hotels to buy some fridges...

When i was in Cyprus there was never a time when i wasn't sure about what i wanted to eat. There is so much choice to choose from and so many steak houses, your father will be fine!

Sally
x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.