America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
NYC is fantastic

I would stay in the Times Square area. I have been to NYC 3 times and each of the hotels that I have stayed in have been fantastic (i think that was a fluke). The Row NYC, The Waldorf Astoria and finally The Hudson New York Central Park

I booked each time by calling Mainstreet USA as they are brilliant and experts in the USA. If you call them, they will book a flight and hotel with only a £75pp deposit. You cannot beat it. 0191 348 5500. I have always dealt with Gabby or Stuart.

You may have to fly from London - but unsure if Virgin or BA do a service from Manchester - probably worth checking with United and AA as well.

MC
If you can't get a direct flight from Manchester I would highly recommend flying via Dublin with Aer Lingus as you clear US immigration in Dublin and land in the US as a domestic traveller, avoiding huge queues. We have gone from Glasgow to the US via Dublin 3 times now and it's so much more pleasant than landing tired after a long flight to then stand in a queue.
I have done the customs clearance in Dublin and I am with elaine, the ability to get off in the USA and be treated as a domestic is a god send, the customs at that end can be brutal.

L
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.