Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Anything between 2 hours 50 minutes to 3 hours 20 minutes - depending on wind etc.

Malta are 1 hour ahead.

Pippa
Time could also depend on aircraft from Exeter i.e. is it jet or propellor assisted aircraft?
Knowing the facilities in the South West, it is probably a glider! :rofl
Anyway thank you for your answers, I thought it was around 3 hour flight but wasn't sure. As for one hour ahead, that confused me a little as we normally go to Corfu which is 2 hours ahead of us.
:duh
come to Gozo to get confused - 1 hour ahead, and 20 years behind :)
:wave:

Only 20 years behind?

Last time I went to Gozo, I felt I was in a movie, 'The land that time forgot'? But that is what makes it such a lovely place!
:cheers
Hi,

I was wondering the same thing, how long it'll take to fly to Malta. I'm going with my family on holiday to Malta in late June... we're flying from Glasgow :) I looked it up online but couldn't find anywhere that seemed to say... just the time difference (I haven't seen/heard all the booking details yet).

Also I thought it said on another site that the time difference is GMT+2 hours? or is that because BST starts before then, so it does equate to being only 1 hour difference from the 1, with the 1 hour difference between GMT and BST? lol confusing huh?

Still its ok, I've got a few months to figure it all out, which I might need by the sounds of things haha :rofl (j/k)
Hi Izzy, If you do find you are two hours behind let me know and i,ll post you some dead certs. :smokin
Well do a search on Google.co.uk for 'flight time from glasgow to malta' and click on the first link, to a site called justtheflight (the forum says I dont have enough posts to be allowed to post links so I cant post the URL). There it says under 'Malta facts', 'Time Difference: GMT +2 hrs'.

I'm guessing its the difference between GMT and BST that equates it to being only 1 hour ahead during summer... because we move our clocks forward an hour in late March or so, don't we(?)
Izzy, flying time from Glasgow is approx 3hours 30 mins, and the time difference is 1 hour.
Ok, thanks for the information Lizzy :) thats not too bad then! the last couple of years ive been flying to the Canary Islands, with flights of more like 4 hour 30... so this will be a bit of a relief as I don't much enjoy long flights, anything much over 4 to 4 hour 30 is a bit arduous for me, so, thats good. Thanks!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.