Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
oh nice one jamo9017, we love tunisia we are goin there in 4 weeks been there before bout 6 times, never been at hotel your goin to tho , so cnt comment but im sure you will have a lovely time
We have a review but it's fairly old now being 2010, if anyone has stayed here recently would you kindly add your review here:- http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/tunisia/sousse/tej-marhaba-hotel/

Many thanks :tup
Hi jamo9017, As a regular visitor to Sousse I try and keep an eye on this forum but have only just seen your post.

First of all the weather will certainly be hot in July so make sure you pack plenty of sunscreen, as decent ones are quite expensive out there.

The Tej is about the only one of the Marhaba hotels in Sousse I haven't stayed in over the years but I've visited it many times to meet up with a German lady who allways stayed there when she was in Sousse. It is quite a nice hotel with a lovely pool area and though it isn't actually facing the beach, that is only a short walk away. It is the only hotel I've ever come across there which actually has double beds,as most seem to have two singles pushed together.

I'm pretty sure you can only use the A/I in the hotel itself but eating out in Tunisia is surprisingly cheap if you fancy a change. There is a lovely new cafe and ice-cream parlour just opened on the opposite side of the road. I can't remember the name but it's next door to Bonapartes which is another decent restaurant with a nightclub upstairs if that floats your boat (not mine I'm afraid).

Getting round Sousse is easy and taxis are cheap (agree a price or insist the meter is put on). The train and metro stations are down by the port if you want to go further afield.

I'm back there next Saturday for a couple of weeks but don't hesitate to ask if you want any further information.
thanks for all the info just wanted to ask we will get to the hotel about 1.30 am will there be a money exchange open at that time ? do you tip , how often and how much ? I want to go on a quad bike tour is it best to book at the hotel or out and about ? thanks
I rather doubt the money exchange will be open at tthe hotel at that time of the morning but it may be open at the airport when you arrive. If you have got a transfer booked you won't actually need dinars though you will certainly be 'encouraged' to tip, starting with the men outside the airport who try to grab your cases to take them to the transfer bus. If you do want to give them a tip, £1 sterling will be OK. The same goes at the hotel. You will usually find the man who takes your bags to your room will "hover" in the doorway hoping for a tip. Again sterling will do, or you can simply say that you've got no money until tomorrow but you'll remember him then. Bear in mind that he will certainly remember you so make good on your promise. Tipping is a way of life out there but don't feel obliged to tip if you haven't had good service. I see you are A/I so money is likely to change hands less often, but it is still worth giving an occasional tip as the staff really suffer quite badly now there are less people going B&B or HB. Unfortunately A/I puts money into the pockets of the international tour operators rather than the locals.

Before booking any trips it is worth having a look round as you can usually get a better deal outside the hotel. Don't take any notice of the reps dire warnings about trips not booked through them, the main danger is to their profits. Also bear in mind that whatever they tell you they rarely, if ever, have insurance for the trips they sell, so for anything like quad biking you need to ensure your own insurance will cover you if anything goes wrong.
Hi again jamo, I've just checked and the cafe I mentioned above is the Green Papaya. I'll check it out next week but it certainly looks very nice. :smile:
No problem. I won't be around for a couple of weeks from Saturday but will check in again when I get back. If there's anything in particular you want me to check out let me know before I go and I'll do my best.

In the meantime here's some homework for you: :rofl

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/forum/tunisian-arabic-phrases-t103656.html
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.