Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
We went to Gumbet last August and it is one of the few places that we would go back to. It's not too quiet or too lively. The beach is nice and lined with lively bars and restaurants. The shops are the usual mix of "genuine fakes!" and leather. I got some lovely leather "radley" bags and purses and quicksilver hoodies for my son. Be prepared to haggle - there are tips somewhere on this site. Last year was unusually quiet for the resort but we still enjoyed it. The Gumbet dancing barboys are different!!!! We aren't familiar with your accomodation- sorry.
British girls have a terrible reputation with Turks so you do have to have care - probably the same as you do here. Turkey is safe - I would walk alone out of a night there but I would not do so here.

We can't get a holiday this year (2 children getting married) so we are quite envious. Enjoy and if you have any questions then just pm me.
Hi, we go to Gumbet twice a year (June and September) although trying Marmaris in June this year for a change. We love Gumbet and have made many friends there who we now keep in contact with all year round. Haven't stayed at your apartments but I hope you love Gumbet as much as we do. The shopping is great - handbags, clothes, jewellery. The people are fantastic if you take the time to get to know them. I'm sure the girls will love the place - there's loads of bars suitable for them (Bar Street is pretty banging but there are also loads of other bars to choose from where there's fun to be had). The restaurants are great - can recommend Chinatown, Nacho Nanas and Cheers amonst many others. The kebabs are great too!!

Do try a boat trip - dead chillling and if the girls like swimming, they'll have great fun jumping off the boat. Bodrum is nice to visit for a day, and from there you can the dolmus pretty much anywhere on the peninsula if you want to have a look round.

If you and the girls shopping but want something more peaceful than the haggling, do go to the Oasis shopping centre at the back of Gumbet (you can walk there or get the dolmus). There's some great shops there. Bitez is a nice place to visit, as is Yalikavak and Gumusluk.

For a good day out, try a jeep safari - the girls would love it - be prepared to get wet!!! Any questions, just ask.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.