Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi

If you are going to do any trip whilst there, you have to do the Jeep safari, you'll love it...!! We booked with a company called Ali-Baba, they were still on the go last year and we went on our second JS with them, it was just as good as the first time.
Hope this helps.
There is a large Azda about 10 minutes from Orca, like our Asda's with probably a bit more variety. There is also a large Migros (supermarket chain) in Fethiye, the next town along. Depending on what you want to buy you can get here via Dolmus, Taxi or it may be worth hiring a car.

As for trips, certainly do a Jeep safari, there will be loads of companies offering them but they all go to the same places. Depending on how many are in your party I'd look into hiring a private boat trip, we did this last week and it was so much better than the normal crowded boat trips. It cost us approx £200 for the boat and lunch from 9am till 8pm, there were 9 of us so it worked out the same as a normal boat trip. If you meet another family might be worth teaming up with them, it really is worth spending the extra.

My friends did the paragliding this time and last time and loved it. I haven't been on an organised trip to Ephasus, we hired a car and drove ourselves but I would highly recommend it if you are remotely interested in history, it is simply stunning and like stepping back in time to the Roman period. Everything is as it was, nothing is off limits and you are walking where Anthony and Cleopatra stayed!

My trip to Ovacik last week was my 17th in 6 years so feel free to PM me for any advice.
Hi just returned from ovaick the cheapest supermarket is bim about a 10 min walk from orka there is also a sainzburys close by you.we did a boat trip for £10 and a sunset cruise for £,5 booked with Pegasus in olu Denis but there are loads of places all offering these deals Kay koy is a good day out if you like history muzzle place in Kay Liu is a fab place to 're charge your battery and cool off in the pool .a fantastic place to eat is the sundial ask at reception to book you a table with free transfer it's breath taking up there. Loads of good places to eat yougalu was our favourite but good food in fria tucks tucks sunrise mamma miss if you go into fethiye in the evening try the duck pond we have been to ovaick many times any questions just ask.
Thanks for your replies. We would like to do a boat trip, and have read good reviews for 'sugar boat' and would like to do a jeep safari - do they all go to the same places? I am reading so many good tips and advice for places to visit, and good restaurants and bars, I am now worried we are going to be spoilt for choice and will miss the real gems ;-)
Yes the jeeps all go to the same places. I think the post above is referring to the Yasaroglu hotel eh ich is opposite friar Tucks, both are excellent places to eat.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.