Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I have stayed at the Club Orka many times since 2001 and would wholeheartedly recommend it!!

They have had a refurbishment to the reception/restaurant/top pool last winter with the hotel accomodation to follow this winter, I am not sure if the villas are due to be refurbished too? They are currently a 3*, hoping to be a 5* next year, however I think that will be reflected in the price!? Have you seen their website?? http://www.orkaclub.com I would recommend booking direct as certainly this year their price was cheaper than going through an agent, which worked out at a huge saving, plus included airport transfers!! They get booked up for high season quickly, lots of repeat bookings!!

The villas are set in lovely, well tended grounds. The pool at the bottom of the complex has a water slide and is popular with the families.

There is a taxi rank, plus a dolmus stop, just outside the hotel. It is a definate 5 min max drive into Hisaronu, but also a lovely 15 minute stroll downhill into Hisaronu if you fancy a walk. Also lots of smaller turkish bars and restaurants in Ovacik if you fancy a quieter and cheaper night.

I think your girls will have a great time! Hisaronu is a pedestrianised area at night with lots of bars and restaurants, mainly families and couples, very few 'groups' (if any!?) It is popular with many ages, however, it is known as the 'English village' as so many Brits holiday and live there. Smaller and quieter than Marmaris though, something for everyone.

Trust all the good reviews you have read, very few hotels get so many, it really is one of the best hotels in the area!

Feel free to pm me if you have any more questions

Ali x
  • Edited by AliB 2005-09-06 21:27:51
Ali it may just be my computer but this link didn't work for me :o
Hi

Not too good with computers I am afraid, just manage to get by! :?
Sorted it now I think!?
You will not be disappointed with the Orka . And yes it is only a 5 minute taxi journey into Hisaronu.

Enjoy it .
You can easily walk into Hisaronu from the Orka! When we are looking for accommodation we use the Orka as a 'benchmark'! Anything Fethye side of Orka we class as a bit too far to walk in of an evening! We normally get a dolmus...but ...when WE come home sometimes...3 or later in the morning (!!!)...its nice to be able to walk rather than taxi! :lol: :lol:
anyone stayed at the orka villas or hotel in oravick lately, what did you think
My daughter is there at the moment and we are due to go there again in 2 weeks (this will be are 3rd time) and im so EXCITED. :D

It's wonderful the hotel looks small from the outside but come out of reception and you will be meet with a vast open space with pools ,villas and gardens (we always go in August because of my job and it never feels crowded)

Everything is kept so clean and fresh and the staff well they are amazing nothing is to much trouble for them, we feel we have an extended family in Turkey.

Food at the Orka is lovely around the same price as in Hisaronuo, but as in all Turkish resturants not that quick :wink:
There are a few resturants along by Orka sadly are favourite has gone it's now a hotel according to my daughter who phoned last night.

They have done a lot of renorvation over the winter and have received pictures of all the work done and wow it looks even better than before.

The area is quiet but a dolmus stops outside and takes you into Hisaronuo which takes about 5 mins and runs until 1 in the morning.

What type of accomadation are you going to be staying in and what dates are you going?
If you would like to know anymore just let me know

Mandy

Ps We are going for 3 weeks this year, so must be good
thanks beech34 we have 2 hotel rooms booked, just back from hisaronu been there twice to asena village did say we would go to a different part of turkey this year (been to mammaris,iclemer,bodrum and gumbet but love it here) had a really good price for the orka so thought wed try it. our kids will be 6, 7,and 10 do you have to pay for any kids activitys at the hotel? we are b+b so try out the restrants and let me know the best close by :lol:
Hi Becci

I've never had to pay for any of the kid's activity's, but the pool with the water slides keeps my lot entertained for hours including hubby!

Am i right in thinking you have just got back from Hisaronuo, if so are things about the same, price wise (my daughter seems to think they are)How busy is it Jess said it seemed quieter than it has been the last couple of years or could it be that she has gone a few weeks earlier?

You may have spotted the Orka on your travels from the Asena to Fethyia it would be on your left hand side after the speed bumps in Ovacik, with a large whale outside hence the name Orka!

Can i ask when are you planning to go out there again

Will let you know of good places to eat with the kids. A good place for bacon and sausage sandwiches is Abracadabra in Hisaronuo just before the night time barriers we have used that one the last few years we have been.

Cheers
Mandy
going to the orka next year in june. yes weve just come back we did see the orka from the road looked nice and the kids will like the slide. all shops and prices much the same in hisaronu, theres a new azda by the phone boxes which is a nice supermarket but i think its a shame as its lovely but very british. hope you have a lovely holiday
hey

I have just come back from Ovacik about 3 weeks ago , i wasnt staying at the orka but i had some food there and a turkish bath which was great and well worth the £10 or £28/30 lira, the staff all seems really nice and the layout of the hotel was amazing , really big , pool looks stunning and lots of terrrances and different places to eat & dirnk . Only thing is for the less mobile this hotel has lots of stairs to get around the complex and could take its toll on someone with walking difficulties.

I would defintly recommend them tho and the turkish bath is a must.

http://www.orkaclub.com/eng/index.htm

Teresa :lol:

GOING TO OLU DENIZ 21ST JULY FOR 1 WEEK YIPEEEE.
can see they have a kids club at orka, my kids are 6,7 and 10 does anyone know if you have to pay extra for this and is it any good? my kids love doing different bits in the day when we stay around the pool so hope it is
The kids club is new to the Orka this year so not sure what it is like or if you have to pay, but my daughter who returned last Monday said that lots of kids attending and seemed to be having fun.

This time next week i'll br there so on return Becci will let you know more details, (away until 21st)

Cheers Mandy
brilliant thank you mandy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.