Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
You will find lots of nice restaurants in Costa Adeje and nearby. I'd recommend Playa Fanabe (beach) it is just to the right of the harbour and it's lovely, a little bay. Can get crowded sometimes but in June it shouldn't be too bad.
In the area there is a restaurant called 'Harleys', it's an American diner themed restaurant, but really great food there. Its similar to Frankie and Bennies/ TGI Fridays, (may not be what you're after?) but it is fab! Nice cocktails too!
You should take a visit to Veronicas area during your stay, and you could head over to Los Cristianos too for a day, a great man made white sandy beach there. Also a boat trip to see the whales/dolphins is highly recommended!
Hi Helen, thanks very much for your helpful recommendations, I've heard good things about the beach at Los Cristianos so definetely will take a visit there. And we are sure to visit Veronicas too, and a trip to see the whales/dolphins (is it best to organise this independently rather than through our tour operator?)

Mm cocktails!! Think we shall try that out!
Hi Cara

For money exchange and a list of excursions try http://www.admiraltraveltenerife.com/home.html

They have offices dotted around PDLA and Cristianos

Have a great time 8)
If you get chance, hire a car and explore a little bit of the island. The main moterway system is good and it takes you right up north very easily and there are lots of little villages you can stop at on the way. If you do fancy a boat trip, i would recommend you just turn up at the harbour and book, There are loads of different people all in competition with each other so you should be able to get a pretty good price. We loved our boat trip but only saw one whale and no dolphins because of the weather!

I would also recommend a visit to Teide. Absolutely spectacular but it is very cold so wrap up well!
Hi, We have stayed in the Rui Adeje on a couple of occasions recently. Rooms are large, spotless and fully equipped with items like toasters, coffee machine,TV, hairdryer etc. We loved the village type setting of the apartment blocks.
The immediate surrounding area is lovely and peaceful, with virtually every hotel 4* or above. The beach ( Fanabe ) is about 600yds downhill and there are a number of bars/restaurants all along the sea front. Short bus/taxi ride into PDLA , Torviscas is a short walk from hotel.
I think you have chosen well.

8) The Toonman
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.