Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi, when you arrive at the airport and collect your baggage theres a fixed pay taxi place just before you go outside. I think you'd be better off getting one from there ( that way you know you wont be ripped off)
Id say its about 600 rupees to candolim.
Although it might be a bit more because you said your going over christmas
The pre pay taxi stand outside is cheaper I believe, all the prices are displayed on a board , just pay the office the set price and off you go.
We were there in March this year and paid 675rps from the airport to Candolim using the taxi office in the airport. You may struggle to find reasonably priced accommodation during the the Christmas/New Year period as the price goes up, I would get looking now. If you look in the hotel reviews section you will find some e-mail addresses for guesthouses and 2/3 star hotels.

Debs
thanks for the help so far everyone, one other thing, have been looking at candolim and calangute, which one is the busiest with more to do on a night,

Would Calangute be a better option to stay with more to do?

As for accomodation, there seems to be loads available on travel republic.co.uk
Agree with FTV, use pre-paid taxi kiosk outside airport, it is cheaper.
hi try http://www.discovergoa.co.uk , i booked with them for hotel paid £800 for 3 weeks for 2 rooms, they was cheaper than trav republic. and that 16 dec as well.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.