Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Flight Luggage
16 Posts
All my electric items go in my hold luggage, just to get them out of the way :tup
Those items are not allowed in hand luggage anyway they take up a lot of space so hold luggage is THE place for it
Back now, had a fabulous time, and you're right. All electricals in the hold luggage.
Lensman 2002 wrote:
Those items are not allowed in hand luggage anyway they take up a lot of space so hold luggage is THE place for it

They are alllowed in hand luggage. I travel regularly with just hand luggage and invariably have my travel iron and hair drier in my cabin case.
Obviously if you are travelling with hold luggage then it's better to put these items in the hold. But there aren't any rules banning them from being carried in hand luggage.
Judith wrote:
Lensman 2002 wrote:

They are alllowed in hand luggage. I travel regularly with just hand luggage and invariably have my travel iron and hair drier in my cabin case.
Obviously if you are travelling with hold luggage then it's better to put these items in the hold. But there aren't any rules banning them from being carried in hand luggage.

OK
They used to insist that all electrical items were carried in checked in luggage at EMA so it could have been just there as they flew a lot of flights to N.Ireland. Not flown for 4 years so they could have altered the regs there too
There was a time after 9/11 that you had to have all electrical items had to be in hand luggage. But they changed that a few years later.
so how did you go on with your stuff.last week
djwoody wrote:
so how did you go on with your stuff.last week

rondetto wrote:
Back now, had a fabulous time, and you're right. All electricals in the hold luggage.

Lensman 2002 wrote:
Judith wrote:
Lensman 2002 wrote:

OK
They used to insist that all electrical items were carried in checked in luggage at EMA so it could have been just there as they flew a lot of flights to N.Ireland. Not flown for 4 years so they could have altered the regs there too

The regs haven't changed since 2006 after the liquids incident , except some airlines and airports now allow 2 pieces of hand luggage.

rondetto wrote:
There was a time after 9/11 that you had to have all electrical items had to be in hand luggage. But they changed that a few years later.

There was a time after 9/11 that hand luggage was severely restricted ( and also after 2006 liquids ) you were only allowed , tickets / documentation / passports , money , medical treatments, ..... and I think cameras
These restrictions were lifted fairly quickly once the threats had been analysed

Judith wrote:
Lensman 2002 wrote:

At least one correct statement !!!! Hand or hold is acceptable , hold is better ,
because a bag full of electrical items will probably warrant physical searching , something to do with all that wiring ;) it can look like something else that has wires :think , so if you don't want to stand around all day while someone inspects your electricals ;)
Pack it in the hold , but if you are travelling lite and only have hand luggage , it's not going to be a problem .
True that electrical items can be in either hand or hold luggage. Only thing is if you have them in your hand luggage you MUST take them out going through check in point. I took a few things in mine just last week and they made me take out my laptop and even the charger.
I had straighteners in my hand luggage 2 weeks ago and they didn't have to be removed, however my IPad did.
Lots of confusing information
We travel to Spain at least six times a year using Easy Jet or Jet 2.
I aways put all our electrical items in the hand luggage.
Why put heavy items in your hold luggage, put all the heavy stuff in the
hand luggage.
I have never been stopped or asked to take items out of the hand luggage.
Blimey, as assume you fly from Manchester. We are always asked to take electrical items out of our hand luggage. It's not really a problem. Soon as we are through we put them all back anyway.
Strange though, 2 weeks ago we saw a lot of couples being asked to take off their shoes, but we weren't.
Random , next time you might be asked to remove your shoes and see other couples who haven't been asked , it's not strange it's random .

I could pack a bag with the same electrical items as you , the X-ray could show everything clearly and no further check , yet another bag could be packed and by the way the items are placed mean a search is needed to double check an item that is obscured when x rayed .

They do ask for laptops and iPads to be placed in a separate tray for screening , these items can be quite dense and obscure any other items they are placed on top off when x raying the bag , so by asking for them to be removed before x ray it will save time searching a bag that is ok but needs to be checked because a dense item has obscured the X-ray image .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.