General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I certainly know the dates of my holidays and i wouldn't turn up to get on the wrong flight and cut my holiday short unless it was a very good reason and obviously you would check if there were availablility on flights . I can only think that there was a mistake made with tickets when printed . The people that were asked to leave the flight did they go quietly or did they kick up a fuss saying that they should be on the flight . Were there other people booked on the flight that couldn't be allocated seats and thats how the problem was picked up , again surely those people wouldn't leave accomodation and pack if they weren't due to go home .
Many years ago our flight from Manchester was held due to more passengers than was on the manifest. They should have been on a later flight but were issued boarding passes for ours. On another flight, from Majorca, they managed to issue two boarding cards for the same seat - I was the one left standing.

I think the correct term is "Human Error" - It can and does happen, probably a lot more than we think.

fwh
This isn't really a security issue. After all, they presumably went through the same screening as everyone else - they were just a bit early for the flight!

Easyjet do have a little known policy of allowing people to fly on earlier flights subject to space but I think that's only supposed to be on the same day! Maybe someone at checkin allowed them to transfer and the mistake was spotted before take off.
BG Air issued me with a seat a few years ago that was non existent..... When I got on board the cabin crew were most put out and my joke about sitting on the wing was lost in translation, still I ended up with extra leg room so could not complain, presumably that was human error also at the check in desk.
I had a similar experiance at Glasgow a couple of years ago, we were all boarded and seated on the plane just ready for pull back from the gate when I asked the 2 girls next me what resort they were going to in Ibiza, they thought I was having a laugh and winding them up because they were going to Majorca.
That put a stop to that departure for an hour and a half :duh
Glasgow Airport for me too.

It was just after the whole palava at Glasgow Airport and my now husband and I were flying to Italy.

Just as we were about to go through security we noticed that my husband had been allocated 2 seats in his name.

The lady at security sent us back to check in. The clerk told us she realised her mistake once we had left but she would be at the boarding gate so would've given us the correct tickets.

Anyway we got the correct tickets, went back to security and got to the front of the cue :cheers

Considering the lenghty security at the time it was a bonus.

Helen
Coming back from France a few years ago when there was industrial action causing delays, I got to the airport to be told my plane was delayed but they could get me on the earlier one. Obviously I jumped at it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.