Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Very interesting article Sanji. I have printed it off for my Spanish teacher and for some friends who do not have the internet.
You did provide a link to an article on Pedro Zaragoza some time ago I believe, which was also very interesting. I love ready about the history of Benidorm and also other holiday resorts we visit
Sue
How sad that he has died, but it is wondeful that he saw his vision become reality. We all also owe him a big thank you for creating our favourite holiday spot.

I think it is fitting that he passed away on April Fools Day, as he made fools of all those who dismissed his plans for Benidorm.
I think it is fitting that he passed away on April Fools Day, as he made fools of all those who dismissed his plans for Benidorm

Very true and all those people who dismiss Benidorm as a concrete hell hole, are now having to change their views and accept that Benidorm is eco-friendly, when the town has not encroached too much into the surrounding countryside in over 50 years, whereas other areas of the Spanish coastline have disappeared at a rate of 3 football pitches a day, to the sprawling concrete urbanisations full of shoe-box ghettos.

It's not rocket science to figure out...you either go upwards to the sky or outwards across vast amounts of land and the further you go outwards, the more resources are needed to put the infrastucture into place and provide essential commodities.

Who is the more eco-friendly,? Now it seems Benidorm is, by having four million people visit the resort every year, and stay in a small 10km radius in high rise hotels.

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
We were in Benidorm and watched Sr Orts funeral on Wednesday at San Jaime church. There were hundreds of people to pay their final respects, which included senior representation from police, navy and army. There were six cars for the flowers which were beautiful, he received a send off so rightfully deserved and we felt privilidged to have been there however, not forgetting this was a sad occasion for his family.

Westie
What a sad day for Benidorm.It would be lovely if they could get rid of the undesirables in the resort.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.