Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
i belive its down to lack of demand, they may move the departure to Bournemouth Airport and operate it as a low cost flight with ThomsonFly have a look when it goes on sale.
hi goldeneye, you could well be right, although our plane was always full in may and september. perhaps the cost may have something to do with the lack of demand, especially as it could sometimes be £100 more than flying from say gatwick, if there's a family with children it's understandable that they would go for the cheaper option. we use southampton as its 20 mins away from our house and hassle free. you wouldnt happen to know when thomsonfly.com release their new schedules, or is it just a matter of checking their site daily? cheers - dotty
i think the schedule is released around the end of this month or october. Good luck
Hi All,

We have just come back from Ibiza which was a package holiday, in Aug we get married and we want to have a 4 day break out there without our little girl as thats were we got engaged. anyway!! we want to do it all direct and apart from the obvious Easy Jet and Airberlin are there any other companies that are quite cheap (these 2 are not really that cheap!!). First choice only do flights for 7 days as do thomson.

Any ideas would be great!!
Thanks
Claire
Claire

Firstly congrats on your forthcoming wedding.Unfortunately you have picked the most expensive time of the year for flights to one of the most popular destinations so prices on all of them will be high.Outside of the school hols, prices do come back down. The other problem with the lo costs is you have to book months in advance to get the lowest prices.
Where do you want to fly from as that will influence the choice of available operators. The charter companies dont do 4 days at that time of the year either....sorry
Unfortunately you have to book if you can the day the low cost airlines release their flights for peak holiday periods. We are using Air Berlin in mid August to Palma & paid £38 per person including taxes return, but we booked these in october 2005.
Your only hope is to maybe try the companies that seem to be on teletext as i think these do have block bookings on Air Berlin flights.

regards,

Nigel
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.