America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
CatherineEvans39 wrote:
Flying with Virgin to Orlando - we have got the twilight checkin the night before - does anyone know if we would still need to pre-book our seats or should we be OK to get 4 seats relatively together by checking in the night before?
You may also wish to post your question HERE ;)
Woo Hoo from oct 25th British Airways start to fly direct from Heathrow to Vegas. And we were planning to go there oct half term as well, and still have one free staff flight to use. :D
Hi, I am looking to book holiday to Orlando in June 2010 and am very surprised
at the prices quoted for four adults

I first phoned Travel City Direct who have quoted a flight price of £199 each but of course
the dreaded taxes etc at another £204 each (who use Virgin planes) then phoned Virgin
and they quoted £384 each with the £204 ontop of that. The price is for flying the same
day at the same time (same flight number). I am confused as to why the big difference in
price.

When I phoned TCD the quote was for a two week holiday including a villa which totalled
£2888 and when phoned Virgin the quote was for flight and car hire only for two weeks
which totalled £2822. Is it just that the flight price is so high because it is just flight and
car hire holiday or what I just dont understand the difference.
jam,

I am confused as to why the big difference in price

TCD will probably have an agreement in place with Virgin and will be able to pass on discounts on flight tickets. There are restrictions on discounted tickets, but are fine if you are sure of your dates and don't need to change anything. You'll find more details on our Virgin Atlantic topic on the Flights Forum.

Darren
We are off to Orlando in 6 weeks - we have been told by Virgin that they do not currently have 4 seats together for us but they will release more closer to the date. We cannot prebook our seats until we get our tickets from the travel agent (which they say we will get 5-7 days prior) - they have told us we will be fine to check in online the day before travelling :O Has anyone experienced this before and what are the chances of us getting 4 seats together as I do not want to be seperated from the children and I am starting to get worried about it :O
CatherineEvans39,

There are no guarantees that you'll get seats together i'm afraid. The best thing to do is check-in online as soon as it becomes available for your flight (24 hours before departure) so you have the best chance of selecting 4 together. You may not get 4 in a row, they may be across an isle or one behind the other, but you should be ok if you get in quickly.

Darren
We had a similar problem with Virgin a couple of years ago. Tried to check in online as soon as available but could not get four seats together. Tried 24 hours before but still no good seats together. We then decided to go for airport check in. At the airport speak to staff and explain the need to sit with children. They have the option to move other passengers if necessary to get you together (but no guarantees! ) - Get there early!
Just wondering what people have found is the best time to book flights to Florida. Several months before or a couple of months before?

I'm only asking as last year I booked return flights from London via Charlotte to Orlando in April for travel in August for roughy £520 each. Just checked for the sametime this year and they are nearly £700.00 each. Have flights gone up by that much or should I try again in a couple of months?
kilgoreck,

You just need to keep an eye on prices really as they fluctuate based on demand / supply. 3 - 4 months is said to be the optimum time, but it depends on many factors and by leaving it that long, you run the risk of availability decreasing and prices increasing. Just keep watching and when you see a price you are happy to pay, book them. The trick is not to look again afterwards in case they've dropped any more!

Darren
Hi,

We are starting our West Coast trip in August with Vegas - it's not a direct flight so has anybody got any advice/tips for a flight that changes at Denver (United Airlines)?

Heathrow 13.05 - 15.55 - Denver (9 hours 50 minutes)
Denver 18.30 - 19.29 - Las Vegas (1 hour 59 minutes)

Thank You

:)
Never been to the States before, but looking for flights to Denver in July/August.

Can any one suggest cheapest way to book flights, and is it better to book now or nearer time?

Regards,

Julian :cheers
Could anyone recommend an airline on which my daughter could fly to Texas with between March 2012 - June 2012? She is 16 and wanting to fly from Bristol if not Bristol then Heathrow. We have looked at the ones mentioned earlier on in this thread but everything is coming up £470+ .. I would like to pay £300 at the most if that's not asking for too much :que

CourtneeLouise x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.