Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi There, Just recieved information from a fellow Real Mallorca fan that they are playing in leicester this year.
A total of four matches involving City, Real Mallorca, Maritimo and East Bengal will be contested over the weekend of Saturday July 31 and Sunday August 1 at the Walkers Stadium.
I dont know of any other fixtures in the uk or indeed any dates for games in late august when i will be in Majorca, can anyone help with info as the rcd mallorca web site is in spanish and my language skills are zilch, thanks for any help.....
Hi. I also have become an RCD Mallorca fan by watching them for the last three seasons when on holiday in Majorca. I also keep track of them through the season via this website:

http://www.soccer-spain.com/

The new season fixtures are here :

http://www.soccer-spain.com/ssdocs/archive2004/fixtures2004-1a.html

This year I will be in Majorca late september and hope to get to see Barcelona. Thomsons usually run buses to the games.

P.S. I just noticed Real Madrid are the visitors on August 29th. Hope you are there then and get to go.
hi i goto majorca on aug 26th
how easy will it be to get tickets for the madrid game and how much will they be :D

thx ed :glynis

(4 wkks to go and counting)
Hi there, I had noticed mr Beckhams team are playing on the 29th August and as it happens we go on the 28th, i just need to persuade her indoors to do a bit of evening shopping in Palma on the day in question :lol:.
I remember last season the first game for David beckham was in the spanish charity shield against Mallorca and tickets were like gold dust.A guy i met at the pre season game vs Derby was going to try and get me a ticket but i never heard from him. There is a web site for Rcd but its all in spanish ( it had an english section last season).
When I have gone to the games previously I have just travelled on the Thomsons bus(whether or not I have gone on on holiday with them). They run the bus trips as an excursion. The Rep would go to the ticket office and buy a bulk load of tickets. However I remember them saying that the only matches to sell out were Real Madrid and Barcelona. I notice from the website I previously mentioned - soccer-spain.com that Mallorca tickets are on sale a week before the game from their ticket office. I also remember, however, the Rep saying that tickets were only on sale on match day due to the day and kick off time not being decided until a couple of days before the game. Apparently the Spanish tv dictate the day and kick off time.
I suppose the worst scenario is that the tickets are on sale a week before and sold out and that Thomsons are not going to these games for this reason. You guys will miss Real Madrid and I will miss Barcelona. The ground only holds about 15,000 and the match prices were about 24 Euro(approx 15 pounds) plus about the same again for the bus.
Hi There, I thought it might be touch and go if we could make it for the match vs madrid ive just checked my flight times and ill be arriving late evening on the 28th so it might be too late to get tickets. Plus as you said it will be a sell out game, ill just have to ask the reps at our hotel. I may pop down to Leicester at the weekend to watch em .
Both Barca and Real games v RCD Mallorca are sell outs and tickets are very hard to find.
hi guys

im stopping in can picafort and also in a thomson hotel do you think there will be a trip running if not will it be on tv over there

thx ed :D :smokin

26 days to go and counting cant wait :D :D
Hi Ed, I would think the match would be shown on spanish tv and there would be a good chance sky might be showing it as well. I just checked and Mallorca are paying at norwich city next saturday.
Found this website which, although not up to date at present, might be helpful.
http://www.mallorca-tickets.com/
Whoops i see they lost 3-1 to Middlesboro last night, still madrid should be an easier game for them :lol:
I'm taking hubby to Mallorca on Sunday for a couple of week as a birthday treat and as he's a bit of a footy fan I know he will want to watch the England matches next Wednesday and Saturday. Does anyone know any good bars in Cala Dor (we are staying near Cala Gran beach) for next Wednesday. Also by Saturday we will have moved on to Puerto Soller. Does antone know any good bars to watch the football there.
Finally whilst on the subject of Puerto Soller, there is very little information about this resort. Can anyone suggest any things not to miss in the area. We are only there for five nights so it would be good to have a head start.
Full marks for being such a caring wife! I thought I would point out that the first game is next Saturday (in the afternoon) and the second game is the following Wednesday so I don't think you will need any guidance for Cala D'Or.
Many thanks Vin Rouge for the information. Got to trat the old man once in a while! Both Saturday and Wednesday we will be in Peurto Soller. From what i have read i cant imagine that too many bars will be showing the England matches so any help would be appreciated
In cala d'or, there is a bar/restaurant which is called Walshies that has football on all the time, also Hollywood bar, When we were there England was playing so most restaurants had it showing, Its just a case of seeing where its being shown we came back a fortnight ago from cala D'or so it will most probably be the same

Tatty x :D
Hope I am not too late, but head for the Claridge Bar in Puerto Soller. Its at the first tram stop as you enter town, on teh sharp bend before you see teh Port in all its glory!!. Its the only English Bar in town ran by Chris and Sandra. They show all british tv and football. Please say Mark from Scotland says hi!!

Nice eating places in Soller are the Sa' Amphor (sp?) on Platja Den Repic, and surprisingly teh chinese further long the same prom is good too! There is a great Mallorcan place half way along the walk into town, name escapes me but its upstairs just past the irish bar!!

Go round teh town of Soller for a morning and dont miss a trip up to Valldemose and even Palma. Use teh bus it runs every hour and is excellent and around 2-3 euros each way!!!
Hi Mark,
Thanks for the post, this is jan's daughter. I was able to tell them about your post and they are most grateful. I'm sure she will write herself when they get back. I've told her to say hi
Kirsty
anyone got any idea where i can buy tickets for real mallorca match v real betis (i think !) on 29/5/2005
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.