Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
We are out in Lagos next week and I believe that Ferrari and McLaren are testing their 2009 cars for three days. Negotiations with Mrs. S. are ongoing.......
Will you be whispering sweet nuthins in her ear Sagres :D
The track is too close to Portimao for comfort, jayjan, and I'm afraid it might cost me a shoe shopping trip. :yikes ..... come to think of it, I'm not at all certain that I want to see the damn motor racing !! :D
Motor racing.........too damn noisy!!!!!

Stick to something more suitable for a man like you, Sagres!!!! Like......

BINGO........ :rofl :rofl :rofl

Pat
:glynis

PS enjoy your hols.... :sun
:rofl :rofl Pat. I'm sure he'll find a more apt pastime which he is very experienced at :cheers
Enjoy your hols Sagres.
Cant get the view more smilies to work, it comes up with two windows and wont post the selected one, its bugging me to death. :duh
A friend said he went to eye up the corporate deals, and while he was there some F1 team or other was practising, or rehearsing or something. About 1000 people there, and they had actually paid to watch this!!!! Unbelievable - talk about "I saw you coming". I only wish we could find some mugs like that as customers of Floyd's! :rofl
If it's just over a week ago that you're talking about,Perry, that was the Ferrari and McLaren teams testing their 2009 F1 cars and the only reason there weren't 1001 mugs there was that you can't get to the circuit via public transport !! :rofl
Thats the one. If you send me €100 euros in cash, I will send you a photo of a CAR in return.

Imagine the value there, one payment and a lifetime of looking at the photo, at the curcuit you only get one afternoon of watching a blur hurtle past and not even in a race...

I think you may see my point - :rofl

You know where to send the money mate.

;)
You disappoint me, Perry. As a guy who once considered cycling from Albufeira to Lagos to sell me bottled beer, I thought you'd see the business opportunity in attaching a rickshaw-type trailer to the bike and ferrying folks along the A22 to the race track. :rofl :rofl
Not a bad idea, they would obviously be quite happy to pay at least €500 for the privilage, plus I could charge them an extra €1 each for every car that passes us on the A22, as that would be an added bonus to the day, having another box on wheels to look at...

Bro-in-law took pa-in-law to Le Mans last year as a 70th birthday present, posh hotel etc. I offered to to pay for a room for them at the Black Prince at Bexley, overlooking the A2 for a weekend. Much cheaper, and home in time for tea on Sunday.
Wait for the new Ferrari factory!! it will be great. :tup
What, you mean people can actually stand and look at a...

...factory!

Wow, that'll get the tourist numbers moving again!

:rofl
I detect a note of cynicism creeping in here!

Anyway, no self-respecting F1 fan would be seen dead in a bus going to the races. Isn't part of the fun of the weekend to sit in a 50-mile traffic jam, for that is what there will surely be when the first big race hits the track?

Charter a helicopter with your lottery winnings perhaps.

I only ever used to watch F1 for the crashes. Now that it is so safe, where's the fun?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.