Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
French camping
5 Posts
I have moved this topic to camping and caravaning as you might get more replies there

HTH
Biff
Some campsites have cash machines some don't some of the smaller ones charge (like here in the UK)

You don't say how much travelling you are planning between sites but fuel is cheaper in France especially from the Hypermarches but remember that your chip and pin card may not work the petrol pumps out of hours

Eating out can be as cheap as cooking in some areas so that doesn't always save money by mum being chained to the stove

Also how much wine do you plan to bring back on your return is a big consideration for Christmas (useful cheap but expensive looking pressies)

WE tend to spend a lot on this so our average for 2 1/2 weeks is around £800 including fuel peages and food and there is only TWO of us
Thanks for taking the time to reply..

We're staying on 3 sites, 2 close to calais, the 3rd near Paris.
I can't see us doing an awful lot of additional driving, we plan to use the campsite's own transport into Paris/Disney....

It was the eating out that I was a bit worried about - i had heard it could be very expensive....

As for the booze - we weren't planning on fetching much back at all - there simply won't be any space in the car/roof box. :cry:
get a little trailer so much easier to use than a roof box for everything especially wet tents
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.