France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
We did futurascope a few years back. Our eldest (who was 16) enjoyed it but the younger one (8) was a bit bored. If you enjoy Hi tech stuff then go. When we were there tthere were no rides as such and the pedaloes which my youngest was looking forward to had a hight restriction which meant that only onler children and adults could have a go.

You can obtain a set of headphones that picks up the English translations of the exhibitions.

If your kids prefer theme parks then try Parc Asterix. We did this last year and it was brilliant!
Futuroscope would be a heck of a day-trip from Paris unless you go on the TGV superfast train as it's about 180 miles away! Parc Asterix is worth considering as it's a good theme park with rides for all ages and only 20 miles North of Paris.
Hi Sandy we stayed in Loire valley last year near Samur, and travelled to futurscope by car. We were a party of 2 families (6 kids, 12 - 3 yrs old) and we had a very enjoyable day and night! It is a long day and an overnight stay is recommended. We left futurscope after the last show which finished at 11.00pm and sat through many rain showers watching the last show, even our 3 yr old enjoyed it.
I would agree with the other comments that it is a long way from Paris and probably some older children 14+ may not enjoy it as much. ALthough all the adults enjoyed it.
As for travelling through Loire valley and the vine yards this may appeal to the adults but your kids will soon get bored.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.