Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
PS The weather was great!!! :lol:
Rained for 10 minutes one day and then the sun came back out straight after! Not roasting but certainly sunny enough to get a tan, and only needed a cardigan 1 night.
Many thanks for your review.

Would you kindly add your review on the Galdana Gardens Apartments page.

Many thanks
Hi

We have booked to stay at the above apartments in Cala Galdana next August and would also like to hire a car. We are unsure however about parking. Does anyone know if the above apartments have a car park? We also need to book an automatic car any suggestions which company to use?

Thanks

Debs
Hi Debs

First of all - the Galdana Gardens are really nice apartments! There isn't a car park at the apts as they are right on the front strip - however there is a public car park just along a wee bit, you should be able to park there, its a fairly quiet and safe resort. The only thing to watch is insurance may not cover you if you park in a public car park?
Menorca is a small island and we only hired a car for 1 day, there are trips organised by tour operator to show you around other parts, i don't think you'd use a car for more than a couple of days.
have a great time!
hiya

We are going to Cala Galdana again this August for the 11th time and the 8th time at these apartments! They do actually have a small car park, at the back just past the Black and White bar. When you get there, explain to reception and they will give you a key. Its actually quite a hard place to find a car park space as it can get really busy with visitors in August.
We have just booked a week in the Cala Galdana Apartments in Cala Galdana. Our little one will be 22months by then has anyone stayed there? what are they like? will there be enough for us all to do? and the brochure says bath or shower? we are sure it was shower only according to the internet has anyone stayed in a bath only room?
Its out first time to this island so any info welcome on resort, accommodation etc.

thank you
We have been to these apartments at least 7 times with our two little girls and will be going again this August with our nearly 1 year old (by then). They are perfect for toddlers and small kids, but not a lot to do for teens. The apartments were refurbished last year and look a lot better. They dont have a microwave (not ideal with small kids) but do have airconditioning to make it comfortable. They have a shower over the bath in all the apts we have been in. If you ask for a ground floor apartment they will be right next to the pool which is good if you have a buggy, but you will have to keep your eyes open as she will be straight in the pool otherwise. We always ask for one of the apartments over the shops which have a great view of the bay.

Its fab, you will love it.
I stayed in these apartments last year and they were great, perfect location. Definitely a shower over the bath. Have a great time
We are flying to Menorca for the first time next week. Please can i ask a couple of questions?

1) In the small print in our Direct Holidays paperwork it says a cot is not guaranteed and it may be best to take your own.

From experience has anyone had an issue with Cot availability? and also cleanliness of the cots at the apartments?

2) Is there a shop nearby to buy Nappies? it will help us on space if i dont have to take a weeks worth of nappies and swim nappies?

3) in the brochure it advises that there is a tele in the room with english channels is this correct? (CBeebies in particular)

many thanks for your comments
Hi Bubble5. Haven't been to these apartments but have booked them for next year as we liked the look of them so much. We visited Cala Galdana whilst in Menorca last week and thought it was beautiful, and the Galdana Gardens are in a perfect location so I think you are in for a great holiday.

With regards the cot, we have never had a problem in the past, but perhaps it would be worth contacting the apartments direct just to check. Contact details are on http://www.galdanagardens.com

I'm sure you won't have a problem getting nappies but I think you'll find you pay a lot more than you would here. When we were in Cala'n Bosch last week I overheard someone say that a pack of swimming nappies was £10, so might be worth you packing them if you can fit them in your case.

PS As I'm going next year can you please come back and do a review :)
Thank you, no problems i will do a review on our return. I think i will try and squeeze the nappies into our case.

thanks again
Merged with existing topic which may have some useful information.

luci :wave
Hi All :wave:

Hoping someone has been to these apartments and can answer a question regarding the sofa beds in the lounge. Have booked to go here next year, 2 adults and 2 kids, boy 8 and girl 4. I've just received an updated invoice after paying the rest of my deposit and the room description now states "1 Bedroom, maximum occupency 3 plus top & tail (in an existing bed)". It didn't say this on my original invoice and am now worried that my youngest won't have a bed and will end up in with me as there's no way my son will 'top & tail' with her. Have phoned Direct Holidays who are looking into it and will phone me back. Can someone confirm whether the lounge has enough bed space to sleep 2 children comfortably. Thanks, Nic.
Just to update my old post in case it can help someone else. I've had written confirmation from Direct that my children will not have to top and tail, at worst they'll share a double sofa bed, which is ok, thank goodness! I had visions of spending a wonderful fortnight with a fidgety 4 year old in bed with me...great holiday that'd be :yikes
Following some helpful advice on this forum (thank you!) we have decided to go to Cala Galdana this year. I am looking at the Cala Galdana Gardens apartments which seem to be in a flat bit of the resort.

My question is, are all the restaurants also in a flat area and is it just other accommodation that's up a hill or am i likely to have to go into hilly areas?

I am pregnant with twins so i really don't want to be coping with steep slopes in the heat!

thanks
BB
x
Don't worry BB all the restaurants are at ground level, it is a lovely resort, have a great time.
Hi BB

There are a few restaurants up the hill around the corner past the Audax hotel (next door to Galdana Gardens). Our favourite was about a 3rd of the way up - Sa Lluna - so not too bad. As Cassie said though there are plenty on your doorstep to choose from. We went to the Gardens last year and had a lovely time...enjoy :)
Just looking back on this thread and thought I'd update it regarding my previous posts last year about the sofa bed arrangement in the apartments. There are two sofa's in the lounge area that both have a pull out bed underneath. These have legs on that just need pulling out from underneath so are just like a proper little bed. They are already made up by the maids and can just be put down and pushed back under the sofa's during the day.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.