Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Just got back from Cala Galdana. We ate at Sa Lluna, up the hill from the Audax, which is very family friendly. and also at Ca'n Bini opposite the little marina which was also good. The restaurant by the little waterpark looked quite decent too. Also had a snack the first night at the restaurant on the beach by the Sol Gavilanes, which was a nice setting.

Talking of the Gavilanes, they do a buffet for 20 Euros adults/14 Euros children which is meant to be good.

There's a swish place out on the rocky headland called The Mirador, but reports I'd read said the waiters are rather surly.

Cala Galdana is a lovely resort, we were only there for the weekend but it's great for young children. Two things I thought were over priced though, the mini train was a whopping 6 Euros each, and sunbeds on the beach are 8 Euros each plus 6 Euros for a brolly.
We went to the Mirador - we only had a snack lunch - pizza etc but the food was excellent, the waiters were really good with our 14 month old daughter.

There were some Spanish people sat on the next table having the works and the food brought out to them looked excellent - fish, seafood salads, steaks etc. You ca choose your lobster from a tank in the bar if you can afford such luxury.
Many thanks for the replies for suggested eating places, I have made a note of them as I always prefer to go from recommendations. Looking forward to my hols!!!!!
We have stayed at these villas twice now and you will see from previous posts that I think they are great.
You must eat at the Cala Galdana hotel if you get a chance, the food is great and the staff are great with the kids. The only one that I didn't rate was the one near the wiggly slide.
If you want anymore info let me know, I love CG and I am sure you will have a great time.
gilly
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.