Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
not sure if this is the right place for question..
but does anyone know what duty free fags gatwick sells?!

I've heard that you can't smoke at all airside at Gatwick, is this true?
What about in Yates bar?
Hi Grecophile ... there is some info HERE on the Gatwick Airport site.

There is also some info in THIS thread, if you can find it amongst all the off topic ranting !! :lol:
David :wave
Thanks for your reply David, I expected it from 1st July but panicked when I heard that the ban was already in operation!
Will have to make a concerted effort to give up before Sept hols.
Just came across this on Gatwick airport site:
Post edited for copyright reasons. The information which was quoted is available via the link in my previous post
David HT Mod

Obviously no outside facilties are being made for delays either!!
I'm staying in the Gatwick Yotel next month! Will post a review as soon as I'm back!
Oops :oops: so sorry David, I just didn't think...!!
Can anyone recommend meet & greet car service at Gatwick or should I steer clear of this sort of parking

Thank you
Only tried it once - and by default as we were booked into a brand new car park that didn't open on time, so we were re-allocated to Meet & Greet.

We used Maple Manor and I couldn't recommend them based on our experience. We rang as requested on joining the M23 southbound, and still had to wait 25minutes for a driver to reach us at LGW (and got hassled by the police because you're in a no-waiting zone) - and despite ringing from baggage hall on arrival waited a further 35 minutes for the car to be returned to us - 11pm and freezing after a winter holiday. would have been quicker using BCP!!!
If you look under the Gatwick airport section of ths forum you will find some info on Meet and Greet.

We used Tudor Rose in May and found them to be excellent. We telephone them about 20 minutes before we were due to arrive at the terminal and they were there to meet us. On our return we telephoned them once we had got through customs and we only had to wait about 4 minutes for them. Superb service and we have booked them for next year. Very good prices also. There is the option of driving to their car park which is less than 5 minutes away and then one of their drivers acompanies you to the airport. On the return you simply take the driver back to the depot. I would imagine though that most people like us go for the meet at the terminal option.

http://www.tudorrose.co.uk/Default.aspx

Obviously at very busy times you may have to wait longer than we did but you have to accept that.

Pippa
We second Tudor Rose - used them at least 5 times. We even had no problem when returning to the UK 5 days early after we were evacuated after the Tsunami - our car was outside the terminal in about 25 mins.
Another vote for Tudor Rose. We've used them many times. Always friendly and efficient.
can anyone confirm if there is still coach pick up outside the south terminal. I am staying at the Ibis and now that the bus pick ups from the north terminal after you use a yellow phone outside. Is this the same for the south terminal?
Hi, Can anyone tell me if you are still allowed to smoke at gatwick at the moment, I know that when the smoking law comes in you wont be able to smoke...Ive just got a fantastic deal on a holiday to the sunny island we fly out this evening for 2 weeks :hyper...Thank you for your help ...
i don;t think you can.east mids banned smoking on the 5th march 2007.
You can still smoke at Gatwick until 1st July - details are on the Gatwick website.
Where are you staying?
Hi mIck, Since i posted my question i have since found out that in the south terminal they have stop the smoking in those naughty pens, but there is still smoking in the north terminal... I will be allocated on arrival, we will be given 1 of 3 hotels, El greco, Fiesta tanit hotel near San An or San Miguel, fingers crossed we get S/M... For the money we paid were not really worried Less then £1,000 for 2 adults & child, 2 weeks cant be bad eh? If we get the El Greco we will make our way to S/M for the day...
Hi! A friend's son flew to Costa Rica this morning from Gatwick airport. They stayed at a hotel 10 minutes away last night. They were informed that the bus would pick them up 4 hours before the flight as opposed to the usual 2 and a half. It took them 1hour & 5o minutes to do what is normally a 10 minute journey. I would make sure that you allow plenty of time to get to the airport. Better a long wait than missing your flight altogether.
I'm now thinking of catching a train from Worthing to Gatwick on the 30th of this month. I think it only takes about an hour, if that.

I'm not risking possibly missing our flight for the sake of convenience.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.