Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
I ran the reservations line on the BA website, and as stated by WLondon, I received my refund within days even though I was told it would take 6 weeks! I was booked LGW to PFO, economy traveller.
I dont understand why some of you are having troubel - i had absolutley no problems getting my refund - as soon as i heard about them selling i was on the phone and they put my money back on my card within a few days
Last time I spoke to GB they pointed out that the refunds previously made were 'administration errors' :?
They are adamant I can't have a refund as the sale might not go through.
I think the whole situation is a fiasco and wish I'd never booked with GB in the first place. I wouldn't mind if I knew I would definitely fly with Easyjet on the dates booked but I am wondering how long it will actually be until this is confirmed by Easyjet? Sometime before the 30th March I suppose!

Cazz
I received an email from Easyjet today announcing new routes for Summer 08, which appear to be the GB flights. I checked my Dalaman flight and the GB timings appear on Easy's site - total cost of the flight for 3 pax is £1200 whereas I paid just over £800 to GB! I then went on to GB's site and tried to 'book' flights and it came up with an error message saying Dalaman was not one of their destinations. On checking my account on BA's site, it is still showing me as having 3 seats on the GB flight! What a mess! I am assuming the takeover is now complete as Easy are offering the GB routes/timings including the longer routes such as Paphos, Sharm and Dalaman. Has anyone heard anything?

Cazz
I had already received my refund, but have price matched today on the easy jet site

The ooking with GB airways (now cancelled),included baggage, seats bookable 24 hours before, meals and all drinks, inflight entertainment - this cost £626 for 2.

Looking at the flights I had booked for Aug 9th to 24th, they would now cost £675.92with easyjet. The departure is 2 hours later from gatwick and one hour later from Paphos! Price included two bags in hold, no entertainment, nor prebooked seats (they dont do these).

I feel I made the right decision, having made a 2 hour flight with Easy Jet once.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.