Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
There are all nationalities in Golden Sands. We met Dutch, Belgian, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, German, Russian, Spanish and Bulgarian holiday-makers there last year. Many British tourists cannot tell the difference between the languages and think that if they are foreign they must be German. That is not the case.

Also the same goes for food, if it's not British it must be German. It isn't its European the Bulgarians try to cater for all nationalities.

Patka
dont be so sad,just enjoy yourself after all we are all from planet earth!
I would rather a hotel full of germans than a hotel full of English louts getting drunk, and loud and making everyone elses life miserable.

I am ashamed to be British when I see how the Brits are overseas.
Absolutely right, Stuart, Happymackem, and of course Patka (who must be obeyed!!).

One year we went, (dare I admit?), a last minute AOA two star. The hotel itself was absolutely OK in every respect, but ...............

It wasn't the Germans, Scandinavians, or even the Russians in the hotel who spoiled it, but British loud mouthed appallingly behaved low-lifes. They ruined it for everyone.

Peter
Thanks Peter! Yes the spitting, swearing, drunken, vomiting and loud mouth types that intimidate everyone come from Britain. On this very site I have read of Brits banging on doors all night, and generally foul mouthing, fighting and head butting.
You wont get germans as bad as this, not saying they are angels or anything but Brits youth overseas are a stain on us.
i agree with you young english( tho not all) spoil it for everyone as we are all classed the same,much like all football fans are thugs even if we know there not.
i know you should not ask a lady her age but i wonder how old beachbabe2004 is ?
Does anyone know what has happened to the Liverpool bloke banged up for allegedly murdering a barman? Last I heard was some bloke in Liverpool had written a statement saying it was him(unlikely that that would happen, dont you think) like Bulgarian should just release the (wrong) guy even though written guilty guy wouldnt go to Bulgaria.

I have to say that it is terrible if he is banged up for something he didnt do but on TV it looked like the parents were a bit ''our boy wouldnt do a thing like that poor Jonny'' and the lad a bit crocodile tearsish.
Lets hope justice prevails and if he was wrongly accused he be released quickly. If you know anything more about this can you let me know. I seem to have missed the news on it.

Judging from the views above it is hard to have sympathy for Brits behaving badly abroad.
If you know anything more about this can you let me know. I seem to have missed the news on it.

Latest info from the Bulgarian press 20/8/05 HERE.
Have found lots of diffrent nationalities in G/S and all they wanted was to have a good holiday .A lot of them spoke to you not like a lot of the British people.We found that most of them only wanted to improve there English and were realy very nice.There is a few hotels in G/S which is mainly British and when you go into them they are very loud ,and they dont have any consideration for the other guest,that stay there :oops:
This thread has developed in an interesting way, would have expected a lot of xenophobic ant-foreigner ranting.

Meeting people of different nationalities is part of the holiday abroad experience.

Met two Dutch lads speaking their native language, which at the time I wasn't as familiar with as I am now - how it sounds, not the language itself.

"Excuse me, are you speaking Dutch by any chance", said I, I'd heard them ordering at the bar in fluent English.

"No", said one, "Double Dutch, there are two of us."

Peter
Peter your right and the truth is that in Britain there is poor parenting, poor policing, too lenient soft sentencing - and scum young people out there who you wouldnt want to be living even within a mile of let alone share a holiday with.
Other countries naturally draw there own conclusions. Stuart. Whether Michael Shields is innocent or not the Liverpool mamby pambies should express sorrow for the poor bar man murdered to death instead of saying ''he is a good boy really''. Sure he is.
man murdered to death

Just for the sake of accuracy, the sentence was for attempted murder, Stuart H, the victim gave evidence in Varna District Court.
Like you Peter have made many friends from Europe when in Bulgaria in fact I went a week later in June and my friends in the Hotel where I stay had thought something had happened. When I am in Ostend or Bruges my Belgian Friends come and have a few hours together. Regarding Liverpool lad, if he is still in Varna Prison I am being asked to a visit on behalf of my Church. See you soon Tonyt
happymackem
know you should not ask a lady her age but i wonder how old beachbabe2004 is ?
whats my age got to do with it?i have nothing against germans but i would rather have more english in my hotel than germans for the simple fact is i like my children and myself to have a chat with the english bit hard when we cant understand what the germans are saying,also i have come across some arrogant germans yes true there are arrogant brits aswell. :evil:
Beachbabe only asked if there were more Germans than English in Golden Sands.
Its a reasonable question, that an answer can give her a better judgement on whether she goes there or not.
Personally, I had to move hotels when I was in Majorca because of the Germans, due to them running through the hotel banging doors and shouting all night.
Yes I have come across the typical English yob, thats why I dont go to Ibiza and places like that.
I cant answer Beacbabes question as I havent been to Golden Sands but I`m sure someone can answer her simple question.
I think the question has been answered ie there are several different nationalities. As this is the case I will now close the thread.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.