Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Gerona Airport
6 Posts
gerona is ryanairs version of barcelona and is miles away
have a look here
http://www.girona-tourist-guide.com/en/airport/transport-gerona-airport.html
which should give you all the info you need.

if you have not booked your flights yet, have a look at easyjet and ba who both fly to the "proper" barcelona airport
It would be really expensive to travel from Gerona to Barcelona by taxi, why not book flights directly to barcelona . Other option would be train which i think would be much cheaper than taxi
Girona to Barcelona will take you anything form 50 minutes to 2 1/2 3 hours depending on what time of the day you travel through Barcelona
Hi there, not sure if this will be any help to you but we (a party of 10) have just returned from Barcelona and, yep, we fell into the Ryanair trap of flying to Girona airport!! However, we booked transfers with Shuttle Direct and simply could not fault them. They were waiting for us on arrival and again at our Hotel on the morning of departure. It took us approx 1 hour 10 mins either way and both journeys were at peak times through Barcelona. The cost to us was £35.00 per person for return, however we were classed as a Group as we were a party of 10. We found Shuttle Direct from the Girona Airport site. It may be cheaper for a smaller party but quotes are available.

Hoep this is of some help to you.

Anita
Ryanair operate a bus service from Girona to Barcelona direct from outside the airport, I am not sure where it stops in Barcelona it might be at the airport there then you can hop a buss that will take you direct into Barcelona itself.

This link will tell you all about it and more http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/gerona/girona-airport-barcelona.html

Some info from the link

Extract removed for copyright reasons ... David HT Mod
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.