Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Interesting, we fly there in two weeks, anyone else had this experience?
We were at Malaga airport last month at the tail-end of the first lot of volcanic ash problems. Not only did the easyJet queues stretch to the entrance doors, they looped around a pillar and came back on themselves. The speedy-boarding queue had about 30 passengers in it and the online check-in bag-drop queue had just FOUR people in it.

Thank goodness we checked in on-line at an internet cafe the previous day!
We are flying to Malaga with Jet2 next week and I'd like some help. We have checked in on-line, have printed our boarding passes and have only hand luggage. Can we go straight to security or do we still have to check in?

Thanks,

jim
Thanks, is security in Terminal 3 now?

Jim
It was when in T3 when we were there recently. The T2 security area was boarded off due to refurbishment so we had to use the security check area at T3, then walk back to T2 where we departed from gate C33.
I have been a few times when Easyjet queues were a shambles. Reps had to keep shouting for people booked on various flights as their time was close to departure. Then there can also be long queues at security.
Queues bad for easyjet, we flew home last sat 3rd july, had speedy boarding which normally only has 6 -8 people in the queue, this time we had to queue over an hour, only one check-in desk, open another one just before we got to the front. Once you check-in at Terminal 2 you have to go to Terminal 3 to go through sercurity, then we had to go back to Terminal 2 for our gate num. All the shops, bars, cafe's and dutyfree are now based in Terminal 3.
Oh no!! Sounds horrendous. We are Jet2 but Malaga airport is soooo big anyway we always get lost. Getting prepared for long waits and long walks. At least our flights are at reasonable times. Still looking forward to it though. :sun2
Don't worry, just get to the airport in plenty of time. We flew back to LBA with jet2 recently. The queues for check-in weren't bad at all. If you were checked in on-line someone was waiting to just put luggage labels on the bags. As others have said the whole process involves a lot of walking about between terminals but there is plenty of room for everyone.

Have a good holiday,
Jean
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.