Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Interesting stuff, hope it doesn't come to anything, but I suppose some action is probably required if the Goa we love is to stay the same.
Any further information on this would be appreciated. Guess we will have to wait till the 28th to see if anything happens.
Any further information on this would be appreciated. Guess we will have to wait till the 28th to see if anything happens.

GMAS are against the setting up of special exclusion zones in goa to increase jobs and help the economy. They say Goa is too small and these are not warranted. They fear that Goan's will become the minority in their state as they shall attract migrants from neighbouring states to fill the vacancies, and Goa will be turned into a concrete jungle. All valid concerns IMHO. The govt agreed to have a review of the SEZ's but have failed to keep to the agreed deadline, prompting this course of action. Personally, I think it's political brinkmanship and no real violence is planned
This is the latest from the Foreign Office.
There is a possible threat to tourists in Goa from the local movement against Special Economic zones (SEZs). We are currently advising British tourists in Goa to monitor the media and be vigilant when they are out. We will continue to monitor developments and remain in close contact with the relevant local authorities. Regular updates are available on telno: 100 (the local Goan police emergency number) for those who want them

It would be interesting to hear from anybody in Goa, is anything happening?

6 sleeps to go. :hyper
Anti-SEZs agitation on hold till January 2, when the decision is due to be made - Article in the Navhind Times.
http://www.navhindtimes.com/articles.php?Story_ID=12307
This looks like good news I hope so anyway. The government has scrapped SEZs, or at least that is what they are saying!
http://news.webindia123.com/news/Articles/India/20071231/860298.html
Great! Thanks for the update....was getting a little worried we are due to fly 4 weeks today.....can't wait.

Happy New Year :lol: :lol:
The news made me happy, we go in 4 days can't wait. :hyper :hyper

Happy New Year! and have a great holiday to all still to go :D

Al
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.