Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Oh GFF that is so brilliant, i am reading it now and really enjoying it...isnt it strange hearing it from the other point of view... i love some of the phrases...the attendant...and 'the watchman with his most impudent gesture'...i can just hear it!! :D quite enlightening!!
chilly
That's made me smile! Not sure about the hotel being 'decent though...it's where i stayed but do agree about Infantaria :tup
read the first entry and it is really interesting. :)
What a lovely report! Especially enjoyed the part where they tried to chat up women with pots of masala tea!! Wonder why they failed!! ha ha
The whole thing is just sweet and quite innocent. Lovely.
What a great read. That guy could be an author. Ooh, I'm determined to get to Goa next year :D
Nice read, good to hear their view of their own country compared to how we see it :wave:
Loved it his style of writing is great could almost see it through his eyes especially the guys walking long the beach in their undies!!
Perfectly written ! any other links to other peoples views on Goa, please post them.
Spike
good idea. :tup I loved the masala tea episode. In fact there are so many brilliant observations. We do have some Indians who have used our forum - pity we don't have more. Have to say you could cringe at parts of it - us as locals see us- and they are right.
i emailed him to say i had enjoyed it and he wrote and directed me to his other blogs and invited comments on them...spent last night having a good read!!
chilly
Amazing read, wonderful.
Thank GFF made my day.
Inger
Chilly

Where are his other blogs? Would love to read them.
Really enjoyed reading that and the photos are lovely.
Glad you all enjoyed reading, I bet the guy got a shock when you contacted him Chilly!!
Well Spike you asked for more so I've done a little digging and came up with the following which is from a backpackers point of view so also an interesting read.
Enjoy, GFF

http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog-entries/lucinate/whatwedid/1140786180/tpod.html
Ouch......didnt like that one!! Typical of the reports on Goa from a lot of backpackers...just cant wait til the day shes a Big Red Lobster on the beach and someones writing about her :yikes
Yeah thing about being young is you never think the years are going to creep up on you.I am only 46 but boy can I see how my view of things have changed since the days I knew everything and did not put an ounce of weight on ever. :cry :cry :cry

Papa
Of Course me being a female I still know everything :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.