Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
The season dwellers arrive September/October The tourists November
One we have also considered as we are now Thailanded out.Goa would be an option for us depending on what was open.
I love Goa but to be truthful it is quite shabby after the monsoons, it needs a few sunny days to dry the place out, and get the roads patched up

We have a house here and come back in mid October to start to cleaning up the place so it will be nice when our friends start to come over in November

The tourists season starts late October, but most of the shacks do not get built until November also the good restaurants start to open then but by the end of April its like they were never there

We stay here until mid June, a couple of weeks after the rains start, as it is the only way to make us want to go home

Me
we leave end of June for the same reasons meagain, rain and damp does not entice us to stay when the UK/Spain has better weather.....well!!!?? supposedly!! ....or sometimes!! also as you say nearly everything just disappears, most restaurants, shacks etc etc and i agree it becomes shabby and grim, (IMO) with little to do and constant power failures.. despite invertors its not ideal.
like you there is a lot of cleaning up for us to do in the house before we can entertain visitors in Nov/Dec.... when everything starts to open up again
chilly
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.