Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Not sure where turgetries is but my friends are in Ovacik at the mo. I checked the forecast on various sites before they went and it was for a high of 23 and cloudy during the week. It was 25 and bright sunshine yesterday and I've just had a text to say it's 31 a not a cloud in the sky! I'm going to join them on Wednesday so I'm going to ignore the forecasts and accept my info from troops on the ground!
just checked Bodrum on BBC site.... apart from thunder and lightning on Sunday, it looks soemwhere between 23-28 at its hottest - quite good for that region at this time of year. work packing a pair of socks thopugh as floors can be cold.....

Antalya is even warmer..... guess where I'm going on sunday :hyper
Just rechecked the forecast and its looking better, sunday 79f sunny and monday 72f with light showers and some sunshine. Thats as far as the met office forecast goes.

The cold front will go through on tuesday and the wind direction looks like it will be coming from a warm westerly air flow.

Lets hope it improves some more
mmmmmmm................how far is Antalya from bodrum?! :lol:
The weather is much better around the antalya area, monday sunny 81f tuesday sunny 84f.

Antalya area stays warmer longer than the resorts further north and can have temp in the low 80's in the first 2 weeks of november. Antalya has similar weather as cyprus in october.
I wouldnt bank on the BBC forcast being accurate in Turkey as they cant even get it correct here.They have forecast 14 degrees and full sun here in the North east today.Its blinking freezing and thick cloud!.
The met office is showing dry and sunny in marmaris, with monday now forecast to be 79f sunny. The charts show that low pressure system will move back west as the high pressure over northen europe and russia pushes further south.

With it only being 2 days away from monday I think the met forecast will be accurate. I hope the met office's forecast is correct.
It seems the Met office is bucking the trend against every other Weather site at the moment. it seems most are showing a wet week :cry:

So I guess it's "Come On England !!!" not only for the Rugby but for the Turkish weather also :? :?

I've packed our macs, Just in case :cry:

Cheers
Cham
Got back from Kemer yesterday, it rained last Saturday for a while, we still were under the umbrella's round the pool and did not get wet, Sunday a real downpour for about one hour then sunshine for the day, Monday the wind was really strong not cold though,went on a dolmush for a ride, then tuesday Sunshine all the way up to the nineties very hot, but very cold in the evenings, so if you are going soon take something warm for the evenings I am going to post later in the day about a certain travel agent in Kemer
looks bad for a couple of days, big thunderstorm here at the moment..and it has just started peeing down!
Chelsea boy.........thats exactly what most of the forecasts say, except the beeb!!
Anybody who changed there minds from the canaries made a bad choice, its been in the high 70's and yesterday it was 90f and today 88f.
we returned yesterday and the weather the last 3 days wasnt very good, the loudest thunder ive ever heard woke my hubby up cos he thought the wardrobe was falling on him lol !!! heavy rain, just hope it gets better as my daughter is going for a holiday in a weeks time
There was a really bad storm in Kalkan Monday night/Tuesday morning. Roads washed away and vehicles ending up in the harbour. Many villas including my own have been flooded. Our guests had to be moved out. I've just looked at the weather and it is still raining.
yes we heard about that from the rep at the airport yesterday morning,she said a lot of people were trapped there and had missed their return flights as the main road had been washed away and cars were in the sea. hope you get your villa sorted im still trying since june to get my uk house sorted from floods, my contents insurance has been great my buildings has been dreadful and still waiting for some money from them 5 months on
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.