Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hope they are wrong Sarah! I'm off to Marmaris on Monday, good luck and take care.

wgipk.
Poor you Sarah, It really isn't what you want. Hope you have a good hotel to make up for the weather.
We're off to Marmaris for the first time on Monday too we are really disappointed at the forecast we felt sure it would be better weather in turkey than spain. Still it does say showers so maybe it wont be to bad. :roll:
Hinx01 & wgipk

Hope you both have a good time too and lets hope its just for one or two days the showers last - not the whole week!

Staying at the Aegean dream resort hotel, never been to Turkey - my OH wanted us to go to lanzarote (daren't look at forecast there :oops: ) but I said i wanted to try something a bit different and tought it would be nice time to go!!

Im looking at metcheck, wunderground & ukweather.com!! Will keep checking it!!
Thanks Sarah,

Keep us up to date with the weather please.

Luv wgipk.
xxxxxxxx
Just checked the weather charts and a cold front will pass through this sunday. Low pressure to the north and west. Not looking good.

The weather can be a bit and miss this late into the season, looks like the low pressure that gave unsettled weather in majorca is moving into the eastern med.

Nothing worse than rain when on holiday, I hope its better than the forecasts says.
Aw well sure we can get wet inside and out! It will be a change of scenery.

wgipk.
We are going to Dalyan Saturday staying in an apartment
What's worse is we usually go A/I, but I was swayed to try SC by HT
So instead of having a nice large hotel with gym,sauna, cinema not to mention several bars and kids club for my son, we will be in a two bedroom apartment, it will seem like a caravan holiday in England
I hope the rain doesn't last the whole week,packing sowester's etc.
Mrs.T said roll on next year - Olu Deniz in August. Canaries next Oct. I think following what looks like being 2 bad weather Turkey October hols on the trot.
The reason I won't go S/C I like all the facilities a big A/I hotel provide, if there is a couple of days of bad weather there is something to do and something to keep the kids busy.
Well i looked at lanzarote forecast and it looks dry but very cool! So thats quite a relief as thats were my Oh wanted to go and I wanted Turkey!!

We are staying all inclusive so really hoping there will be plenty of activities to keep us occupied but what else do people recommend who know the area?

If its wet i would rather get out and explore the area a bit and see some of the sites (if open!) rather than put up with 2 teenagers with faces like smacked a**** and me pining for some sun!!
Sarah

I have bad news for you lanzerote is forcasted to be between 80f and 86f for the next 10 days. just keep it quite from your other half.

Looked at the weather charts this morning, there will be a north westerly wind from monday. Quite large area of low pressure from germany to turkey with the air flow coming from germany.

Look at it like this, its going to be warmer than being here with 48f forcasted for monday with cool artic wind.
I'm off to Turkey next week and you're right, the forecasts don't make good reading. Even worse, i've just had a text of someone who is in Turkey at this moment, it is red hot and they are on the Efes to cool them down. :cry:
I think I will just show him the forecast that looked pretty cool!

Amazing isn't it that when you look at different sites they all vary in their forecasts for differnt countries.................until you look at the ones for turgetries / Bodrum and they all agree!!! grrrr!!
Hi
Just back from Marmaris late last night and the weather was fantastic all week :D

Got chilly on Monday/ Tuesday night but lovely and hot day time
I have decided not to check any more forecasts and just keep my fingers crossed for next week.
When I originally booked this holiday I had a choice of Portugal, Majorca or Turkey and booked Turkey for the best chance of some good weather.
It looks like I may have made the wrong choice.
Then again, who says the forecasts will prove to be correct.
Two words

Michael Fish!!! :oops:

(I Hope they got it wrong like our lot did in 87!) :lol:
Just got back from Olu Deniz tonight, Don't take too much notice of the forecast it said we would have two bad days with rain. It rained heavily twice in the evening. Lovely in the day, but has all of sudden got really cold at night.
The Met Office forcast for marmaris for next monday and tueday, Monday light rain 70f tuesday light rain 64f. On the weather.co.uk it shows tursday as the coolest day and the temps moving to the low 70's.

I do hope there will be a change of weather for all of you and you get some warm sun. I have had 2 holidays where it rained first in june and second in september, it rained cats and dogs, few frogs, sheep and horses through in for good measure. I never thought I would be next to the med in mid june and be covered in goose bumps from the cold wind blowing.
The Turkish State Meteorological service is probably the most accurate.It also has interesting facts about Turkeys climate.It looks like it going to rain Saturday,Sunday,Monday Tuesday in the Dalaman area,but fine in the Antalya area.Last October some parts of the Dalaman area had rain storms lasting a few days but I was in Icmeler and we only had the storm on one evening which was spectacular to watch!.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.