Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
I thought they were only for Euros ?
You can get them loaded with euros, sterling or US$. There is a discussion regarding this type of card in the General Holiday Enquiries forum.

luci :wave
but not Cypriot Pounds, so I'm presuming you wouldn't load them with Sterling and then use them for getting Cypriot pounds in in Cyprus ?
Askcy, it is sterling you would put on them for cyprus, just not sure if it is best to do that or just take the sterling cash !
... Ah things fit into place now..

We have just got travellers cheques... (big adverts saying COMMISSION FREE in the agents).... but they charged us 2% for getting them?.. Just rang up and asked why..

"oh thats because its not foreign exchange".. ? I see they are travellers cheques in pounds sterling so why not Cypriot pounds ?
"they don't exist.."... so why am I being charged commission?..
"because its into sterling travellers cheques as you can't have them in Cypriot, they don't do them"... so you have charged me for changing sterling into sterling and when I cash them I'm going to be charged again no doubt!
"well yes we have charged because its not into a foreign currency which we do for free and I can't tell you what will happen when your there".

.. so the travellers cheques blub tell you the countrys you can get free exchange of their cheques at (lists of banks etc).. and Cyprus isn't included...

So I'd be better taking just cash then ?...
"well you could sir but if you got robbed you'd have no come back".. yes but you've already robbed me of 31 quid and when I change them I'm likely to get robbed again.....

Why didn't you mention this when we were asking about getting money in the first place?..
"we should have done, I'm sorry"....

aaaarrggh !
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.