Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Hi i am booked for next year some is already built as it is the jack tar having a refurb and a new name.From what i understand the mexico holiday village problems stem from lisencing laws but this is only what i read elsewhere. Dom rep should be fully functional by november so any teething problems should be ironed out.
Hi jo03,

How did you find this out?
Was it from a reliable source?

michelle
The travel agent i went to told me this was the case then i read it on trip advisor i think it was .
Thanks jo03,
Looking at this hotel for 2007.
Anyone else out there thinking of going here?
Never been to carribean before but this place sound ideal for families.
If anyone has any advice about DR please post.
Is it just me and my computer? only I am now having trouble getting a price for this hotel on the Eclipse site? Has anyone taken the plunge and booked into it yet for next summer?
I've just managed to get a price for the Holiday Village, Dom Rep on the http://www.eclipsedirect.co.uk website (not that I'm going there :wink: ), so maybe there was a temporary glitch on their system.

Pippy :D
Thanks Pippy :D
I think like you said it was a temporary glitch, cos I can now get a price. I'm not sure about it either its just that I dont really know where I want to go next year, so I'm looking at all sorts at present. :D
Hi,

I have just seen this hotel too on the firstchoice website and it sounds fantastic. We love the Dominican Republic, and the idea of a more family friendly place really appeals to us.

I was wondering if it was a hotel all ready in Playa Dorada, so its just a refurbishment of Jack Tar.

Thinking of going over Easter or May half term, anyone else going then. My kids will be nearly 3 and nearly 7 then.

Will the hotel be finished? Also is it just for us Brits, don't want loads of drunk american / canadian spring breakers who go to some of the Dominican hotels.

Its working out quite expensive at the moment, is it best to book now of wait for perhaps an offer nearer the time?

Thanks
Hi Nicola

Have you checked the Eclipse website to see if they're cheaper than First Choice?

It is a refurb of the jack tar and the finish date is scheduled for November so would be nicely ticking over by may or easter time I should think.
Eclipse should be cheaper it was for me and by a good few hundred pounds too.I am booked for August next year as I work in a school as learning support so can only take school holidays.
Hi

Just tried Eclipse and its coming out at around £100 cheaper. Kids prices seam a bit steep, but I guess this is the price we now have to pay for a package holiday for 2 adults and 2 kids so somewhere like that.

We normally do flight and hotel seperate and save quite a bit. Guess it would be worth it as the new first choice planes would make the journey much better and the hotel would be great for the kids.

Our kids love waterslides and so everywhere we go there has to be one along with a good mini club so this hotel certainly fits the bill.

better start saving up.
Hi, If i was thinking of going to this HV i would ask FC, why are they saying its the Occidental Jak Tar, when Cosmos and Airtous are selling this hotel for next years winter and summer sun brouchers, i will ccnsider ringing the occidental chain to see if FC have got their own privie part of theis hotel, sounds a bit fishy to me, either FC are telling lies ot they have brought part of the hotel. :hmmm
Thanks for the info.

Obviously the hotel can not be sold under two different names can it with completely different facilities. Will have to find out more.

Thanks
If you try to do a mock booking for this hotel this summer (it comes up as The Occidental Jack Tar) its completly unavailable all season.

Are they shutting it down completly for the refurb into The Holiday Village ?

I'm very tempted to book it for next year it looks fantastic, and its not a new build so you don't run the risk of going to a complete building site :shock:
Have just booked to go here next April.
FC travel shop confirmed it is Jack Tar following refurbishment.
See you there.
We are looking at this for August 2007, someone mentioned it to me and said it might be a good idea with the kids 5,12,14 yr old anyone who does ge to go could you let me know what its like

Also any other suggestions on where might be good carribean wise for kids would be great

many thanks

Loups :lol:
Can be no help as i too will be there in aug 07 myself.I am also going 06 staying elsewhere will take a walk and take some photos if i am able to.
iv just been to fc to price this hotel for november but nothing was coming up for then, 11 dec till 25 dec came up for £2988 for 2 adults and 2 children (14 , 4) ,,, they told me it was fully booked all november!!!!!!
on reading this post sounds more like it isnt going to be ready for then and maybe the 11 dec is the 1st week.
dont know what to do now????????

anyway does anyone know what the dominican is like around that time, it will be our 1st time there and like everyone else we too thought this hotel would be great for the girls
Hi Sharon

If you mean what it'll be like weather wise, please see/post in the dedicated weather topic HERE to prevent this going off-topic :wink:

Thanks.

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.