Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
The little chapel Jaime is a superb location, great views for all the pics, we had a fabulous photographer we hired out there. We did it all ourselves, the reception does all the wedding attire a lot cheaper than brochures :wink:
Thanks for all your help guys,
my problem I know is that I am too fussy - sometimes people like me are better off staying at home! I am now looking at every hotel review in protaris and wondering if it just too busy for me - I spent a fortune last summer in Salou and couldnt believe how grotty it was, so it's made me really wary - I've been to Cyprus twice before and know you cant really compare them, (I stayed at Atlantica hotel Limassol (okay)and golden arches, Limassol (not great), hotel I really want to stay in is Amathus hotel Limmassol, but costed it out at approx £5000 for 4 of us for a week - dream on!
Thanks for all your suggestions, I WILL get something in cyprus!
Thanks Derwentrocker, I will let her know. :D

:thanks
For Julieross and JaimeC

Here are my wedding vows taken at the Golden Coast Hotel and its surroundings, i thought your friend Jaime would like to see them and the chapel, and for Julie, just to see the area.

Michelle xx
We enjoyed the GC because i too am fussy and like fairly quiet areas, but if we wanted a bit of life we would go into Protaras. But i am not a fan of Protaras or Ayia Napa because of all the rowdiness. That to me isnt the real Cyprus. I do love Pernera because it has the same as Protaras but more spaced out, cheaper but more lower key. I know everyone in the restaurants (or did) and they were always friendly. We always walked apart from going to the water park and Napa for the day. Where ever you go you will always have lovely hotels in Cyprus, but it is crucial which you choose for entertainment. We like to be near the action, but far enough away to be able to sleep at night. Protaras and Ayia Napa in the towns are very touristy, but other areas near, are quieter and more relaxing, good safe beaches where ever you go.

I personally loved the Golden Coast and certainly will go back there again and again, its in a great area.
hi all, we have booked to go here july next year.Has anyone stayed here recently and if so what was it like.I have read mainly good reviews but one said that the majority of guests were russians..
we do have a few reviews here but strangely enough, nothing for this year.
Merged with an existing topic which may have some information.

luci :wave
Just got married there 5/08/08 and it was wonderful, Maria the wedding co-ordinator was a gem ,the staff were fantastic,the setting...well you couldn't ask for more, we stayed there all inc just for the day all 14 of us and it was brilliant, we had a dressed table at dinner and our wedding cake was cut up in front of us by a waiter, we had waiters waiting on us all dinner and the food was to die for, if you are looking for a photographer i would 100% reccomend a company called "Still Productions" there was 2 wonderful women with us from 2pm to 11.30pm doing a "fly on the wall" dvd of our day.
When we got the dvds (2 edited and 1 un-edited) they were brilliant and we recieved 3 discs of pics..all that for 500 euros,it is worth every euro and i meen that,we cannot reccomend them enough.
I would tell anyone who want a day to remember to choose both the hotel and Still productions you wont regret it.
Hope this helps....need any more info just ask.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.