Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific

Discussions regarding holidays in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific region.
Are you talking about Queensland, Australia ?
Hi Lady Scopio

The Gold Coast has more theem parks like Movie World and Sea World and Wet and wild and some others
The Gold coast is one long city along the coast for about 30KLS with high rize buildings along most of it
It has some of the best beachs you will see with surf and golden sand
The Sunshine Coast is more Quieter with big and small towns along it
Not much in the way of theem parks only Steve Erwins crocodile park
It has good beachs but not as much surf
Hope this helps you
Lady Scopio, we've just got back from the Sunshine coast and there's plenty to do there in the 3-4 days. You could spend that amount of time in Brisbane alone without touching either stretch.
Lots of locals in the Caloundra area think the Gold Coast is too built-up and too busy so they've moved up to the Sunshine Coast.
Until you've been there, you have no idea of the actual size of the place.

(While we were there a TV prog showed the top 10 resorts in Australia. 6 were in Queensland!!)
Thanks for your replies and yes Judith, I did mean Australia - I missed that bit out! Just need to work out how to pay for it now.
Hi

I spent a few days in Brisbane a couple of years ago and really enjoyed the area, lots of nice shops and restaurants I was told that Noosa on the Sunshine Coast was a lovely small town, but didn't get to visit. I think it depends on what you want from your holiday, as Chubby said the Gold Coast is livelier with more things on offer but like Parky most people I talked to said they thought it had become too built up. But wherever you go I think you will enjoy it. It's a great holiday destination.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.