Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
gold trail
25 Posts
hi there i've heard a lot of badthings about them someone will be able to help you no doubt

suzie :)
I have used Goldtrail a few times and I would recommend that you check out the hotel reviews before you go. many of there hotels/apartments are very poor. As a general guide the AI in Marmaris are not that great and i cant imagine Goldtrail providing a decent AI in Marmaris.

check hotel reviews on this site, and http://www.holidaysuncovered.com amd http://www.tripadvisor.com. This should give you a rough idea what to expect, some folk say its the besy holiday ever, some the worst holiday ever.

I just booked for Icmeler the other day and the best prices I found were with http://www.freedomdirect.com. Lets us know how you get on

Stewart
I've just come back from Marmaris & spent alot of time at Aloe which was a Gold Trail property. It wasn't AI but seemed to be fine. The meals were good, infact I couldn't eat all of mine & the drinks were the same as everywhere else, the staff were good too & from those I spoke to that were staying there the apartments were fine too, particularly the ones that had been recently referbished.
Have used Gold Trail many times but WOULD never go accomidation on arrival with them.
used them once BE VERY CAREFULL we booked,a family room for myself 6ft2 hubby and 6ft son [haha] wot we got was an extra single bed wedged in to the smallest room in icmeler. we had to take it in turns 2 get up , shower and dress , it was also A/i oh boy if you like bread and honey every morning with stewed tea or coffee only suitable for stripping paint gr8, lunch time it was salad [prepaired the day before] and some kind of offell in a tray yuk looked revolting gave it a miss, afternoon snack we got ice in the burger with soggy chips, or limp pizza and you think thats not very good what was left over from lunch time was added to pasta and served for your evening meal,,soft drinka by the pool were warm poured out of large bottles purchased from tansas and you were told you were greedy if you had more than 2, all served in plastic beakers,overhall food and drinks were diabolical complained to rep waisted my breath... gave up on food and drinks after trying them for 3 days, as for the free sun beds on the beach... no they are not free ..the cheaper beds were about 6ft away... never ever will i go all inclusive in icmeler again it turned out to be a very expencive experience as we had to eat and drink elsware all holiday,,BE VERY CAREFULL for god sake dont go accomodation on arrival you just might end up where we did
I saw an offer in a Travel agents window today and when I asked where it was to,it was to Marmaris with Goldtrail, but going into BODRUM airport :yikes .Thats about 3 hours transfer from Marmaris,so double check which airport they are flying to.
Hi
When all inclusive with goldtrial last september to Gumbet, The lager was watered down, the foot was not brilliant, the only good thing was that the hotel was situated right on the beech.
One of the mods in the forum recently travelled with Goldtrail on an AI basis recently I think it was Wizard have a quiet word for his observations.
There is also a Goldtrail topic in our Tour Operators forum.

luci :wave
Im sorry if i sound a bit sarcastic here, but I assure you Im not, I think Im being realistic
What prices are people paying for these all inclusives
Gold trail are well known for being cheap!,
My way of reckoning is that you only get what you pay for in life
You cant expect to be waited on hand and foot with exotic delights all day for £300/£500 pounds for the full holiday which also includes flights and probably transfers
Most of Goldtrails properties are 2 star dumps!, if people want quality and quantity they should consider the 4/5 star hotels and pay the apropriate prices
The number of people Ive met in various places who have been unhappy about their A.I have mostly been on a cheapie,
These buisnesses have to make a living, and the obvious cut backs will be on food and drink
I sincerly feel sorry for familys with a few kiddies in these places, but its down to a buisness making it or going bump!
Peli
Peli - I agree with you 100%
There's an old saying - 'You pays your money, you takes your prize' In other words, you pay for what you get, and if you paid 300/£500 for an AI holiday, then don't expect much. (unless your very lucky)

These days it's worth doing at least some research before booking your well earned holiday. From what I've read on here, Goldtrail have not got a very good reputation, and on that basis, I would leave well alone.
We are off to Olu Deniz on Monday and paid nearly £1200 for two weeks B&B for two of us. It would have been under £1000, but we want to fly from Stanstead as apposed to Gatwick, so have to pay extra for this 'pleasure' :(
Like Peli, I'm not being sarcastic, just realistic. Remember, reseach before you book!

Have you actually booked this holiday?
As I said in my last post about Goldtrail , I have used them several times in the past.
Before booking with them I have done massive research on the accommodation that has been available with them, we went to Club Maric in Marmaris with Goldtrail and could not fault these apartments in anyway, and went back to the same appartments twice after that, once with Goldtrail and once doing DIY and both holiday's were fine
I have friends and family who have travelled with Goldtrail to other places in Turkey with Goldtrail and their holiday has been a nightmare, so as said previously research before you go.
I would never go A.O.A. with them as you could end up anywhere with no come back.
nuttynet, I have used Goldtrail Aoa on two occasions both also to Marmaris and the Hotel I was put to was the Marmaris Gunes situated right beside Marmaris indoor market, These were Room only, A few people on our recent flight went Aoa all inclusive and were put into Marmaris litera deluxe.
  • Edited by rwb46 2008-09-05 10:52:32
Thanks Intervoice & Fin54
For endorceing my comments I expected "earache" about them!!
Still do !!!
We also have used Goldtrail on previous occasions, but as you say, Fin, with research and understanding of what we want and what they offer, and that is:-

"As basic as it comes at the cheapest price"

There is certainly no problem with this on the contrary, they fill a big neatch in the market.
I dont blame or condem, Goldtrail

But people have to, get real in their expectations.

As Fin says "Research"

Regards Peli
my origanal question was to ask which hotel they use for a o a i know there standard are low and for the price of £279 all inc for a week from cardiff i didnt expect to much, but i do want a clean friendly hotel not out in the sticks. food would not be an issue as we eat out most evenings but like to have a few drinks at the pool during the day.i have been looking for 2 weeks now and the best flight i can find is over £200 so with everything else added on its not such a bargain, but this was, any way i didnt book it as the date was wrong for my friend and also the flight home was from bodrum so i, still on the look out for a late cheap deal.
As otheres have said the best thing to do is do a bit of research before you go. I have been with Goldtrail twice and their apartments were fine, but I had checked out the apartments before I boooked
As peli says be realistic with what you should expect if you pay minimal prices. Personally i would never go AI as there are far too many great restaurants to choose from.

This year I priced to go on holiday and found that Goldtrail were fairly highly priced, over £850 for my holiday, which I booked for £650

stewart
A few people on our recent flight went Aoa all inclusive and were put into Marmaris litera deluxe.
just seen this as we have a Goldtrail thread in the tour operators forum..

NEVER AGAIN customer service is abominable, the quality of the hotels i saw was defiantly not up to the standards i expect,and their system for dealing with complaints is to not read what you have said and basically tell you to shove off as their holidays are cheap anyway
Hi Nuttynet
I feel we owe you an apoligy we seem to have hi-jacked your original post

You have certainly opened a can of worms!!!
sorry you dont seem to have had a proper answer to your original question
but I think this must be more entertaining,and enlightning!
Regards
Peli
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.