Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Re: gold trail
25 Posts
rwb46 wrote:
A few people on our recent flight went Aoa all inclusive and were put into Marmaris litera deluxe.

Might help if you read the posts properly.
It isnt always the case that if your holiday is cheap you will end up in a dump.Last June I saw a holiday advertised on Thomsons teletext pages for an AI in Turkey for £239.I thought it would be a Goldtrail holiday but when I phoned the agent I couldnt believe it was for the new Club Turban in between Marmaris and Icmeler.We had passed the hotel a few times when it was being built and I remember saying to my husband that it would probably cost a fortune to stay there.Needless to say I booked it and then checked the web price which was £490.
The £239 included a Teeside flight,20kgs luggage,TOD,transfers and no CC charge.
I may never get a deal like this again except for a Goldtrail holiday,but even if you know which hotel you are going to with them and it suits your needs,there is no guarantee you will end up in that hotel because they have been known to inform people at the airport their chosen hotel is fully booked!
Aoa,it has to be a lottery!!

I do agree that some people do get in superiour accomadation, good for them I have actualy sat next to someone on the beach, allthough not in Turkey, who paid £400 each less than us!! who were in the same hotel
These people are definatly a minority, but where are the rest allocated
As rwb46 wrote, a few people,went in the litara de-luxe.
but with respect, can I ask where the far bigger majority end up.

AoA is the companys way of allocating unsold properties, this does include both ends of the market,
But I should imagine the majority of these properties are at the bottom end,"the dumps".
Regards
Peli
Come on peli be fair your asking a near impossible question here (can I ask where the far bigger majority end up), I said a few people went to the Marmaris litera deluxe that was two people that were sitting next to us on the Aeroplane home, I agree that the vast majority of Hotels in Marmaris/ Icmeler are dumps and that goes for all other Tour operators also, It's a fact we have to accept this or simply not go at all, Just because some people class a Hotel a dump doesent actually mean it is to the next person, It's like this if you dont like the accomadation you have got eithier get another one or keep out of it and only use it to sleep in, As that's what I do every time I go to Turkey, Sorry im not one of these that inspects the wallpaper for mismatches or the paintwork for minor blemishes, Go with Goldtrail and you most likely will get a Dump but at least it will be clean, If it's not just go to reception and ask them to clean it and it will be done that day.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.